Nirvana HQ

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by Stephen Brown, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Mateusz

Mateusz Registered

I would like to ask if it is really worth to buy this guide?
    Nirvana is dedicated to GTD and its interface is quite easy to understand and use. I can't imagine which areas could be improved by this guide. Any advice?

By the way, where can I find Nirvana's forum?

2. rmjb

rmjb Registered

I used Nirvana for 9 months before buying the guide. After reading it I realised I over complicated my implementation. I would recommend it.

kelstarrising likes this.
  3. Mateusz

Mateusz Registered

One more thing.

I am testing the Nirvana app under a one-month premium account.
    I use mostly iOS app - iPhone XS with latest iOS version.

I think there is a bug with 3D Touch function. Under Nirvana icon (after 3d touch) there is a shortcuts menu. Within this menu, there are: "New Inbox Action "and "New Action".

New Action works as it seems to work namely, it creates a new item under the section which app used last time. So it could be marked as Next, Waiting, Scheduled or Someday depends on last activity in the app.

New Inbox Action seems to add a new item into Inbox, independently on the last viewed section in the app. But it doesn't. It works exactly the same way as New Action. When your last viewed section was Next than Next Inbox Action will add your new item into the Next section rather than Inbox.

Apologize for my English. I hope I have described it clearly.

4. sholden

sholden Registered

I found the guide to be very useful in getting setup. I'm pretty sure it helped me make the transition faster.

5. Mateusz

Mateusz Registered

Which app did you transition from?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  6. sholden

sholden Registered

7. Mateusz

Mateusz Registered

I have one more question. It's very easy to find information that says Nirvana development is so slow. Even more, it's presented as almost dead.
    No new features, no updates for mobile apps. Do you know any plans for calendar integration?

Is it true or not? Why did the GTD team decide to write an official guide for dormant application?

8. kelstarrising

kelstarrising Kelly Forrister

Don't assume less frequent updates means dormant. They are very deliberate in the changes they make. It is very much alive and well.
    Sounds like it's not the tool for you though. Plenty of others to choose from that might make you happier.

Mateusz likes this.
  9. sholden

sholden Registered

The company is definitely functioning from a support perspective. I get quick responses to questions and recommendations for new features. But like Kelly F said ... they are very deliberate about changes.

10. TesTeq

TesTeq Registered

As Mark Twain once said: "The reports of Nirvana's death are greatly exaggerated." ;)
    If you want more updates you can count on Nozbe. Nozbe 3 is currently at version number 3.9.4 and there's a brand new private beta of written from scratch Nozbe 4.

11. Mateusz

Mateusz Registered

I am (was?) a nozbe user for years.
    Recently I have decided to switch from nozbe to... something else. Probably I will stick with nirvana for longer time. we have to know each other :)

I found last nozbe updates almost usless and I really don’t like direction which they have choosed for nozbe 4.

TesTeq likes this.