Outlook Notes keystroke help request

K

Kurt

I was recently upgraded to Windows XP. When I have an Outlook Note open, the only way I can change the category is to use the mouse to click the note icon on the upper-left corner. I used to be able to access that menu with alt-space. Now the keystroke shortcut gives me the Restore, Move, Minimize, etc list that you get by right-clicking the note icon.
Any suggestions? Is there an Option or other setting I need to correct, or is this just an XP bug?

If nothing else, this has made me appreciate how much more productive keystroke shortcuts are than the mouse. Sheesh, it's painful.

K

Kurt

think I got it

I had an old folder of Notes I'd imported from my Palm that had no Category; the ones in that folder refused to cooperate, new ones seem to work.

Tom Shannon

Registered
Kurt said:
I was recently upgraded to Windows XP. When I have an Outlook Note open, the only way I can change the category is to use the mouse to click the note icon on the upper-left corner. I used to be able to access that menu with alt-space. Now the keystroke shortcut gives me the Restore, Move, Minimize, etc list that you get by right-clicking the note icon.
Any suggestions? Is there an Option or other setting I need to correct, or is this just an XP bug?

You probably know this but once you close the note, you can go to the explorer (i.e. the "list" of notes) and hit shift-F10. This brings up the proper menu. It *should* bring up that menu when you are looking at the inspector with the note open but I just tried it and it doesn't. It only brings up a small part of it. That might, indeed, be a bug.

Tom S.