• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Notes keystroke help request

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kurt
  • Start date Start date
K

Kurt

Guest
I was recently upgraded to Windows XP. When I have an Outlook Note open, the only way I can change the category is to use the mouse to click the note icon on the upper-left corner. I used to be able to access that menu with alt-space. Now the keystroke shortcut gives me the Restore, Move, Minimize, etc list that you get by right-clicking the note icon.
Any suggestions? Is there an Option or other setting I need to correct, or is this just an XP bug?

If nothing else, this has made me appreciate how much more productive keystroke shortcuts are than the mouse. Sheesh, it's painful.
 
think I got it

I had an old folder of Notes I'd imported from my Palm that had no Category; the ones in that folder refused to cooperate, new ones seem to work.
 
Kurt said:
I was recently upgraded to Windows XP. When I have an Outlook Note open, the only way I can change the category is to use the mouse to click the note icon on the upper-left corner. I used to be able to access that menu with alt-space. Now the keystroke shortcut gives me the Restore, Move, Minimize, etc list that you get by right-clicking the note icon.
Any suggestions? Is there an Option or other setting I need to correct, or is this just an XP bug?

You probably know this but once you close the note, you can go to the explorer (i.e. the "list" of notes) and hit shift-F10. This brings up the proper menu. It *should* bring up that menu when you are looking at the inspector with the note open but I just tried it and it doesn't. It only brings up a small part of it. That might, indeed, be a bug.

Tom S.
 
Top