Palm Address out on paper?

Oogiem

Registered
As part of a backup of my GTD system which is mostly Mac Palm Desktop based I want to have a hard copy of the addresses and all the associated notes as a backup in case either my computer or Treo dies.

I can print the base data but can't get the notes that I've attached to my contacts to print. I seem to remember I was able to do that in a previous version of Palm Desktop but the Palm forums are less than helpful.

Does anyone here know how to get that done?

rdgeorge

Registered
I am using Palm Desktop by ACCESS 6.2.2 on a Lenovo X300 laptop. When I print (mostly to PDF using PDF Factory) the address book, the notes print.

rdgeorge

Oogiem

Registered
rdgeorge;60263 said:
I am using Palm Desktop by ACCESS 6.2.2 on a Lenovo X300 laptop. When I print (mostly to PDF using PDF Factory) the address book, the notes print.

rdgeorge

Confused here. Palm Desktop is by Palm as far as I know and I've never heard of a Lenovo laptop. What operating system is it under? I need a Mac OS X solution

rdgeorge

Registered
Lenovo purchased the ThinkPad line of laptops from IBM. Mine runs Windows XP, but you should be able to download a Mac version of the Palm Access Desktop software from the Palm website.

petdr

Registered
Missing Sync

Oogiem;60268 said:
I need a Mac OS X solution

I sync my Treo with my MacBook using Missing Sync. There's a setting in the Address Book where I can select what to include in the print out, "Note" is one of them.

I don't have Palm Desktop installed on the Mac so can't help you there.

Oogiem

Registered
rdgeorge;60359 said:
you should be able to download a Mac version of the Palm Access Desktop software from the Palm website.

Nope, the only Mac version avail. is the one I already have, that I can't figure out how to print attached comments in.

Oogiem

Registered
petdr;60369 said:
I sync my Treo with my MacBook using Missing Sync. There's a setting in the Address Book where I can select what to include in the print out, "Note" is one of them.

OK I've looked at Missing Synch, but it only replaces the synch conduits.

I also have problems with missing synch causing errors and crashing but that's probably a sw conflict that might be fixable if I could see how to get the rest of it to work.

The big issue for me replacing the Palm Desktop is I do a hard copy backup of my calendar and Apple's iCal can't do the printouts I require. I also run into problems memo files because I have thousands and there is no clean way to use/edit and manage them on the Mac side short of Pal Desktop.

I'm playing with Yojimbo but so far it's hard slogging through it to try to get it t do what the standard palm stuff does easily.

There are just a few features the Palm stuff is either missing or has lost in later versions.

I sure wish Palm would get their act together and do an update!

petdr

Registered
Oogiem;60376 said:
OK I've looked at Missing Synch, but it only replaces the synch conduits.
I am not sure what you mean by that. Missing Sync does replace the sync conduits --- and allow you to have your contacts, calendar, notes backed onto your Mac. Just like Palm Desktop except better ;) . You can even sync your photos and media if you're so inclined.

Oogiem;60376 said:
I also have problems with missing synch causing errors and crashing but that's probably a sw conflict that might be fixable if I could see how to get the rest of it to work.
You can try going to the conduits and select one of it at a time to sync to see which one is crashing. There's some info at their website. I think there used to be a conflict with calendar or certain feature that caused a crash. I have not looked into it since I don't use iCal and disabled that sync setting.

Oogiem;60376 said:
The big issue for me replacing the Palm Desktop is I do a hard copy backup of my calendar and Apple's iCal can't do the printouts I require. I also run into problems memo files because I have thousands and there is no clean way to use/edit and manage them on the Mac side short of Pal Desktop
Don't know about iCal since I don't use it.
As for memos, all my memos are sync'd to Missing Sync Notebook and can be printed.

Oogiem;60376 said:
I sure wish Palm would get their act together and do an update!
Unfortunately, I think being Mac-friendly was never Palm's priority :( hence third party option like Missing Sync.