[Pool] How often do you process your inbox?

How often do you process your inbox?

• Daily

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3 times a week

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kmet

Registered
Hello fellow GTDers :)

I am trying to improve my systems and I am wondering how much time do you invest in your system?
I have found, that if I don't review my inbox daily, (Of course check my next action lists) and even check my project list. I fall off the wagon pretty fast.
---------------------------------
So, let's collect some data.

David is mentioning in his books that he is getting to zero at least every other day. How often do you process your Inbox/ get to zero?

Oogiem

Registered
I spend about 2 hours a day handing and processing inputs from my various inboxes. ie defining work.

AFG

Registered
I strive to get to Inbox Zero on my company email Inbox every day. I will go for weeks doing so - and then occasionally fall behind, e.g on vacation.

My personal email Inbox, circa once a week. Most often on a plane or train.

I have some other Inboxes - literally, I use "Send To" or "Print To" to capture web pages, screen shots, etc, to a single OneNote notebook I call "Inbox". I process those less often, although I strive to do in the GTD weekly review.

But even if I don't process all of the Inboxes in as timely a manner as I would like, I find that it helps me greatly to know that I have reliuably captured all or most of the stuff I care about in one of these Inboxes.

I.e. I think I have GTD Capture down, for years. I am working on the regular processing part.

Stephen Dewitt

Registered
I have a way of indicating things I chuck in my inbox that may need checking the next day (pretty liberal with this), so don't empty my full inbox (I throw a lot of random thoughts and ideas in every day) every single day but I get it completely empty at least every week and it seems to be working