Problems I feel like I have with weekly review checklist links to my cognitive impairment with neurodegeneration ' SV

irst time herd "3 things"
I have a collection of tasks in my list manager. What are 3 tasks that I can do today that are important to me? Write it down on an index card. Those are the tasks I will work on today.

I keep my keys in a type of runner bag on my waist"
Maybe put your runner bag in the same place as the physical in-tray.
This is what I should move to?
Anything that is task will go into a list manager. Anything that is an appointment or needs to get done on a certain day goes in the calendar. Any papers that will be interesting to me in the future goes into folder for future reading. You can use a physical style (paper notebook, paper calendar) or use a digital version (the Calendar app or a digital list manager). That is up to you. What do you feel comfortable with?

"I could watch the rest of the 6 min video if you reply back here ""

afterwards : when finished video - felt like I wasn't able fully cognise it with the YT notes I uploaded "
Then maybe the 6 minute video did not work for you. You will find something else that works for you. Everyone is different and that's OK.

I could create a "daily shutdown for you Wilson I started writing on paper with pen copy "

1. check my emails and social media inboxes for any new messages I need to be aware of.
2. Look at my physical in-tray to see if anything needs to be added to my calendar, my list manager, or my notes app.
3. check my list manager and choose 3 things that I want to do today.
4. check my calendar to see if I have appointments. Do I need to bring something with me before I go into the meeting?" s

That's a good start. You can always change it later in the future only if you need to.

I have a collection of tasks in my list manager. What are 3 tasks that I can do today that are important to me? Write it down on an index card. Those are the tasks I will work on today.
"An index card is a card made of cardstock cut to a standard size, " - or just use other paper
Ok I could start implementing "3 tasks" today
Maybe put your runner bag in the same place as the physical in-tray.
I just have it on my body most the time
Anything that is task will go into a list manager.
R
Anything that is an appointment or needs to get done on a certain day goes in the calendar.
In asana - its set up the list manager - so have sections , makes it so can add a entry - then goes to your synced google calendar - are you saying its not better to do it this way?
Any papers that will be interesting to me in the future goes into folder for future reading.
Future reading is something I could add to my current Asana work place? or - just add it to my book mark manger? "
You can use a physical style (paper notebook, paper calendar) or use a digital version (the Calendar app or a digital list manager). That is up to you. What do you feel comfortable with?
I'm not sure
Then maybe the 6 minute video did not work for you. You will find something else that works for you. Everyone is different and that's OK.
I didn't watch it from start to finish "
That's a good start. You can always change it later in the future only if you need to.
OK

Back tracking "
In each physical location, keep one in-tray. Don't leave documents scattered throughout your home or office. My idea was to reduce the number of physical in-trays.

During my Daily Startup and Daily Shutodown, I will look at my email inbox and DM (Facebook Business Messenger and the Instagram Business messenger) boxes to see if there are any messages to capture.

I look at my apps as often as I need to. I look at my LinkedIn inbox once a week because it doesn't change much. My email and social media inboxes (Facebook, Instagram) does collect more messages and I need to check those at the beginning and end of day, Monday to Friday.

You'll find your own rhythm and determine how often you need to check your inboxes.

I used to have too many apps or folders to check. I used to save documents randomly into one of many cloud storage areas. I had a Google Drive account, a Microsoft OneDrive account, a Dropbox account, and an iCloud Drive account. I would have to check all of those cloud accounts to find a document. I just chose one cloud account to store all my documents. Everything in one place.

I also had an inbox folder for notes and placed them into Evernote, Drafts, Ulysses writing app, DEVONthink notes app. Now I just use the Drafts app. It's faster to go to my Drafts app inbox and see where I can forward any text notes to (an email message, a text document for later retrieval, invoices).

All of my personal tasks go safely into my one list manager, OmniFocus. All of my office tasks go into Asana which the company office uses. I don't play with any other list managers.

Can we reduce the number of apps that have an inbox? Use fewer apps instead of having so many apps. That will make the review workflow shorter and easier to check.

In the "Get Current" stage, I don't like to review based on memory. If I have a checklist in front of me, I ensure that I'm not skipping any lists. Sometimes I'll just take a quick peek at a list. Other times, I'll need to spend a little more than a minute and will stay there until I resolve any questions I might have.

There is a book called "The Checklist Manifesto" by Atel Gawande that reminded me to have lists for everything. Don't rely on memory to go through a checklist like the Weekly Review. Your photo shows that you do have a Weekly Review checklist.

Now I'm asking if you would like to customize the review to fit you. What does your Daily Startup checklist need? What does your Daily Shutdown checklist need? What does your weekly review checklist need? What does your monthly checklist need?

Create lists for the review times. You will change it over time. As you practice the checklist, you'll fine-tune it to make it more efficient.

Here is a Youtube video where Atul Gawande talked about using checklists.

didn't realise that Atul was his first name, I wonder - where got that video from?
how did you find/come to it - if was upload a - type of video 8 years ago - thought ... maybe a bit odd you suggested that?
Here is a shorter summary video for you

Or just buy the book from your bookstore. It's very short and easy to read.

I check my calendar to remind myself of today's appointments.

I use my calendar app by adding notes to each event. I'll list down all the things I need for that meeting in the notes section of the event. I don't always needs to have it in my list manager.

When I'm reviewing the day before or the week before, I'll check the event in the calendar app. Manys of my events have event notes and hold my list of things I need to get done before I go. what I need to do to prepare before the meeting. I don't put it in my list manager.

I'm not "advanced." I'm on the same road as you, just at a different distance from you. I could be in front of you or behind you on the same road. The idea is to help each other on the road.

Herein the first video link you shared

In the YT comment I uploaded

"(myself typing on google docs certain amount words persons here author of checklist manifesto ? A O C M?S peaking (but not all of them - , doing this in background because thinking it could help with my comprehension a certain amount. A summary persons here A O C M? Saying about examples using checklists in hospital care - using machines for life saving prevention. Example of a girl comes back to life - because of procedure using checklist. Some philosophy about checklist, about the why that it works. How try to implement certain amount. Overall I would say I tried to focused watch this video fully about 90 -80 % of the duration " sv STN"
*and then I left my transcribe under neath*

STN

didn't realise that Atul was his first name, I wonder - where got that video from?
how did you find/come to it - if was upload a - type of video 8 years ago - thought ... maybe a bit odd you suggested that?
I bought his book "The Checklist Manifesto" at my local bookstore. The book was published in 2011. It is still a relevant book today.

I searched his name in Atul Gawande in YouTube. You can find other YouTube videos and watch any of those if you want.

Wilson - did you see post #22 above? had no other thoughts about my uploaded transcribe notes? "
I bought his book "The Checklist Manifesto" at my local bookstore. The book was published in 2011. It is still a relevant book today.

ok - ... but to the 1 hr lecture previously writing about my personal thoughts
were he was talking about allopathic medicine or germ theory of disease - something I am personally against
talking about washing hands being related to prevention of death which is not true really

Like other things need to do

I searched his name in Atul Gawande in YouTube. You can find other YouTube videos and watch any of those if you want.
I wonder tho - you watched that video a while ago and just remembered it

or you searched "Gawande" in to you tube and linked that recommended it not watching it yourself?

STN