Problems I feel like I have with weekly review checklist links to my cognitive impairment with neurodegeneration ' SV

Writing the 3 tasks for tomorrow on an index card has worked for me. You can do something else if you wish.
Why not do it digitally?
on the list manager to save paper says voice
Deleting 1-3 tasks will clear my clutter. There are many tasks in my digital list manager that are no longer needed. It is a good idea to look at my digital list manager and just clear out old tasks that are not needed. Your list will get smaller and easier to take care of.

Right

But isn't it unproductive to have created tasks which you deleted? Why not for example "mark them as completed" so can still see them on the list manager - cos how do I know if something is needed or int at this present moment?

Do you understand what im trying to express here?

Writing the 3 tasks for tomorrow on an index card has worked for me. You can do something else if you wish.

Deleting 1-3 tasks will clear my clutter. There are many tasks in my digital list manager that are no longer needed. It is a good idea to look at my digital list manager and just clear out old tasks that are not needed. Your list will get smaller and easier to take care of.
P.S.

"An index card (or record card in British English and system cards in Australian English) consists of card stock (heavy paper) cut to a standard size"

i had been using A5 paper - is that anything worse about that? "

and - why didn't you reply to question asked to my previous reply?

V I - its worth I send you a DM about it then?

@TimBourne

While a whole bunch of Post-Its in one location as a "Reminder Checklist" are useless on the end

However, Post-It's very, very, strategically 'showing-up' only where absolutely heeded/needed can be super helpful

As you see GTD fit. . . .
1728131599995.png
Similar to as shown in picture here?

is it worth I put "However, Post-It's very, very, strategically 'showing-up' only where absolutely heeded/needed can be super helpful" as a reminder? '

@TimBourne

I empathize with you. There is a lot to GTD. If you want to start over, why not? Digital programs introduce a level of complexity that in your case may be unnecessary. David Allen advises that one's system be so simple to maintain that one can do it when having the 'flu. That is a tall requirement for such a comprehensive system, but it makes sense for a system to be simple, so we can maintain it even when life gets difficult.

I hope to eventually develop such a GTD system, and I wish you well with this.

your writing here you recommend I use "
Post-It's very, very, strategically 'showing-up' only where absolutely heeded/needed can be super helpful" but what about the other ideas?

STN?
@TimBourne

Regarding: "Post-It's very, very, strategically 'showing-up' only where absolutely heeded/needed can be super helpful"

To the above, you kindly asked:

"but what about the other ideas?"

Thank you for your very good question

All "others ideas" are simply deemed as 'Stuff' and therefore are Captured by writing down [to keep 'current' memory empty] to simply be placed into Inbox for either Trash or Organizing when Clarifying any Captured 'stuff'' in the Inbox to until the Inbox is empty of any 'stuff' !

Very Important to appreciate:

In GTD terms, everything Captured and in Inbox is considered 'stuff' until one knows what one is going to do about it for either Trash or Organize is very GTD way of thinking

You are a very good GTDer because anyone who keeps improving their GTD system is a good GTDer

Thank you very much

Ps. Complaining is like being a static human being while using a GTD system can help one make it easier to be a 'keep going' human being ? :)

Why not do it digitally?
on the list manager to save paper says voice
You can do it digitally if you want. It is up to you.

But isn't it unproductive to have created tasks which you deleted? Why not for example "mark them as completed" so can still see them on the list manager - cos how do I know if something is needed or int at this present moment?
If I don't need a record of it then I won't keep it recorded. I'll just delete it. But if you want to mark it as complete, that is perfectly fine as well.
"An index card (or record card in British English and system cards in Australian English) consists of card stock (heavy paper) cut to a standard size"

i had been using A5 paper - is that anything worse about that? "
You can use A5. That is perfectly fine.

@TimBourne

I empathize with you. There is a lot to GTD. If you want to start over, why not? Digital programs introduce a level of complexity that in your case may be unnecessary.
right - but I just wrote another separate thread about trying start new digital with i cloud [https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com...n-waiting-for-folder.18643/page-3#post-145513]
David Allen advises that one's system be so simple to maintain that one can do it when having the 'flu. That is a tall requirement for such a comprehensive system, but it makes sense for a system to be simple, so we can maintain it even when life gets difficult.
I hope to eventually develop such a GTD system, and I wish you well with this.
I'm not sure it would be best I try do a physical GTD system right now? "

@TimBourne

Regarding: "Post-It's very, very, strategically 'showing-up' only where absolutely heeded/needed can be super helpful"

All "others ideas" are simply deemed as 'Stuff' and therefore are Captured by writing down [to keep 'current' memory empty] to simply be placed into Inbox for either Trash or Organizing when Clarifying any Captured 'stuff'' in the Inbox to until the Inbox is empty of any 'stuff' !
right captured by documenting with typing digitally (my preferred - is also inbox) with memory your saying ?

In GTD terms, everything Captured and in Inbox is considered 'stuff' until one knows what one is going to do about it for either Trash or Organize is very GTD way of thinking
right
You are a very good GTDer because anyone who keeps improving their GTD system is a good GTDer
Thank you very much
your trying to help me ' why would you thank me?
Ps. Complaining is like being a static human being while using a GTD system can help one make it easier to be a 'keep going' human being ? :)
your wri
your writing I am human "

You can do it digitally if you want. It is up to you.
right yeah, that's what I just wrote above to polifax @Mrs-Polifax .
If I don't need a record of it then I won't keep it recorded. I'll just delete it. But if you want to mark it as complete, that is perfectly fine as well.
Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I want - so I feel safer marking it as complete right now.
sometimes I feel like I don't know what I need"
You can use A5. That is perfectly fine.
after you wrote that - I actually saw I had a set of type cards record cards in my room.
, but I also - feel like what you shared - 3 things for the day system doesn't seem work best for myself- is it worth I write further why or not? "

s

@TimBourne

Thank you very much

P.S.

was how come didn't answer question I had about posits : such as is it worth that I get (the type shown in picture, that's what you were writing/talking about - can you confirm? "

after you wrote that - I actually saw I had a set of type cards record cards in my room.
, but I also - feel like what you shared - 3 things for the day system doesn't seem work best for myself- is it worth I write further why or not? "
Maybe try to choose 1 most important task to work on today?

Maybe try to choose 1 most important task to work on today?
'M m Think user wilson didnt respond to reply '

here [https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com...neurodegeneration-sv.18593/page-2#post-145301] - post 28 I wrote specifically for him - but studente replied ,not wilson - I wonder why that was? "

either didn't see it
or agree?

makes me think mrs polifax @Mrs-Polifax was recent user who mentioned about drawing - in types of - different topic of YT videos"

1728419545065.png
-

gtdstudente gave a good answer. I have nothing else to add.
RO

he wrote the idea was useless?

I should presume that @gtdstudente wrote that by "having a reminder checklist of stick one notes in on place" - was referring the idea of using type pens or markers? "

or did he not interpret my writing

"idea came to my mind - at my company shop they sell type pens or markers or water based pens " - thought maybe could use to do something such as mind mapping or brainstorming

That's what user @chrisstribbs just wrote ,that he uses mind mapping "

I agreed with:

> In GTD terms, everything Captured and in Inbox is considered 'stuff' until one knows what one is going to do about it for either Trash or Organize is very GTD way of thinking

Organizing tasks in digital list manager is important. It also important to know when to delete or mark as complete. If you do not update your list manager, it will feel like a long list with nothing getting done.

I agreed with:

> In GTD terms, everything Captured and in Inbox is considered 'stuff' until one knows what one is going to do about it for either Trash or Organize is very GTD way of thinking

I maybe don't fully understand ? "
Organizing tasks in digital list manager is important.
This is probably the best way
to save resources
as supposed doing something - a physical method
It also important to know when to delete or mark as complete. If you do not update your list manager, it will feel like a long list with nothing getting done.
yeah thats what I feel like, so what should I do about it

for example main times I look at my asana list - are mostly at weekly review

and sort of don't feel motivated to look at it cos I - well maybe start to feel the tasks are "off topic "

STN?

I maybe don't fully understand ? "
Too many things that go into your list manager will make your list feel untrustworthy. Organize it but also delete tasks that have become too old. many tasks will no longer be important if given enough time.

If something is on your list for more than 1 or 2 months, consider deleting it. You may think it is good to keep in a task but it can spoil like leftover food that is left in the refrigerator too long.

Too many things that go into your list manager will make your list feel untrustworthy. Organize it but also delete tasks that have become too old. many tasks will no longer be important if given enough time.

If something is on your list for more than 1 or 2 months, consider deleting it. You may think it is good to keep in a task but it can spoil like leftover food that is left in the refrigerator too long.
@Wilson Ng

Thank you for your very good post

Perhaps create something like a "Never Did Tasks" list in order to the keep current list that much more attractive ?

It might even serve as a good Reflection list for further GTD and Areas-of-Focus skill development so no prior efforts are wasted ?

Thank you for your very much