Project list which one work best?

clango

Registered
I’m upgrading to a new digital tool, when a basic doubt pop-up! o_O

I have about 40 customer with an annual service and my first idea was to create a Project for each of this customer. Each of them need more than one action every year.

As an example: Each agreement has its natural expiration. Some meetings are requirente. There is the follow-up of the service team. When it’s convenient I take some extra actions.

As an alternative I could create only one Project: Existing customer with a link to an external excel sheets that contain the list of all the customer with the plan of each initiative.

Which of the two systems works best according to your opinion? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cpu_Modern

Registered
This depends on how much work this is in total. With that I mean, on the short-term focus of the work-week, how often will you touch this? If this is just 2-4 phone calls and maybe one meeting per week, well, then I just would make it one Level 2 Area of Focus (20,000 ft horizon) and have that one Excel file and be done with it.

If however you engage in 5-6 of these client interactions per day, then I absolutely would not only create said Area of Focus, but also a project for each client!

Or maybe a project for each client in it's current phase? For example, "Widget Co. : evaluation" and "Moneysack inc. : check-up" and so on or something like that…

clango

Registered
I like your practical approach @Cpu_Modern that help me to keep the system more simple as it is possible.
I'll start with the external excel file using as well a project for each customer in the phase that require more often interactions (great recommendation @Cpu_Modern ).