Project Management Tools?

Instigase

Registered
Care & Feeding?

I am not sure what you mean by care & feeding?

The only way the tool (whichever one you choose) can be of use is if the information is current. Which means that you must "feed" the program the progress of all your tasks on a periodic basis. Also the frequency of updating is dependent upon how "granular" your tasks are.

Do i understand you correctly or am i missing something?

pmhut

Registered
I have published an article about the ideal pm tool, again, not promoting any particular tool on the web, but merely highlighting the points that you should look for when choosing your PM tool.

gasyoun

Registered
Instigase, the Microsoft tool needs a programmer you hire that will support that monster. It does not works on it's own. That is why it failed in 2007, last time I tried to use it in my company. So MS Project does not solves problems, it's a problem itself.
Indeed, basecamp does not allow for an all project roll-up view or help in managing and allocating resources and resource pools. If basecamp could be expanded to manage resource planning and real scheduling, it would be ideal, thr61 - could you go in more details with examples what should it look like?! Sounds very interesting.

kingcr

Registered
We are in the process of implementing Workfront ATTASK. Does anyone have any experience incorporating it within a personal GTD system?