• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Putting file folders in backpack

You could use a cardboard notebook pocket, or failing access to those, just scotch tape the sides you want to stay closed. Have a good one!
 
I just had that happen to me today! I have always had that issue when using standard file folders (as opposed to file "pockets") in a backpack. I just use the smallest pocket in the backpack (I have a High Sierra) and at times I have actually used the "slash pockets" instead of folders if I'm transporting a lot of stuff vertically.
 
I use a zippered pouch like the orange one that I got at the Managing Work flow a couple of years ago. That one stays in my work pack, and one that I picked up at the Container Store is in my personal backpack. They are slightly larger than the file folders, but they keep everything together.
 
I use multiple zipper pouches (Container Store / amazon.com) - one for in (black), one for read/review (green), one for travel (if I'm on the road - orange), one for @ office (pink), one for @ home (blue). I tried using individual folders, but they didn't work for me. I also tried one expandable file with dividers, but I found having a zippered pouch per category helped me *** do ***.
 
Top