• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Scansoft Paperport

Scansoft Paperport

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:33 pm Post subject: Scansoft Paperport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has anyone used this before?

http://www.scansoft.com/paperport/deluxe/

any comments on this would be much appreciated

Yes, I use it all the time. Links up well with my scanner, provides nice thumbnails of all my documents and pictures and has a pretty good search function to sort though them all.

I was just using it the other day to quickly scan through my docs and pics and weed them out.

I like it, but it may not be for everyone.

Cheers

Don
 
Paperport is Great !

I Think PaperPort is the Best Organizational tool after Outlook ( Synced with Palm or Pocket PC). I Have My Tax forms all Scanned in there, as well as the First Page of Every Bank Statement ( Requested often , as I am Self Employed) . I Have My Vendors license and a Blanket Certificate of Exemption ( which Get Faxed Often)
In Fact, I just used it earlier today to Scan in the "Incompletion Triggers” List from My GTD Book, which I OCR'd to Create a Word doc for My Pocket PC.
It also has a "printer " Feature, where you can capture anything from the Web (Receipts!) or Email to Paperport, AND the Newest Version also let's you save files as a PDF .
 
Top