• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Solution for all that Reading

Throughout the day I find myself running into various pieces of information that I want to read. Emails with links to stories, pdf documents, articles in websites, etc. Sometimes I have the time to read in my computer and sometimes I find printing the material to take it home. Becaue all the information does not arrive in one form or into one inbox, when I had the time to review the information, I would have to navigate from email, to windows folder, to explorer bookmarks. Too time consuming....

Enter -fineprint- a print spooler tool that compiles the print jobs and helps you reduce paper. You can find it at www.fineprint.com for $40, but has a free trial period.

Fineprint helps me save the printjobs all into one file (I create one each day). If I have the time I review them without printing and if I don't have the time, I hit print and take the stack home for review.

Xoff

PS: I have no affiliation to fineprint, other than a happy customer.
 
Another Option

I have a Tablet PC and do the same thing with Windows Journal. I just print to "Journal Note Writer" and file it in a folder called "Read and Review". I also use it when I order online and want to "print" receipts until I get the confirmation email or the order comes in.

If I end up needing to print something, I still can without any trouble. Also, it lets me mark up the document with "ink" for notes/highlights/etc when I'm saving something for project support.

Julia
 
Similar, but more cumbersome, I print "to be read" stuff to PDF file - and stash in a folder to read in deadtime.
 
Top