The missing GTD list found in Poland! "Conscious resignation"

Registered
I'm against using "no", "not", or "don't". When I say "dont't think about a pink elephant" what do you think about?

I think about my bills, my ex, my deadlines, or when I think I'm going to die...

Similarly when I say to myself "don't eat cookies" I feel the urge to go to the kitchen...

To get some grapes or make oatmeal.

"Conscious resignation" doesn't use "no", "not", or "don't".

Another way to avoid words you are afraid of, while keeping the same semantics, is to say them in a different language. Instead of saying "I will not do this" you can use the Lojban language and say "mi nalgasnu". Just as effective as saying "rezygnuję świadomie" instead of "I will not do this". Or you can write the words backwards.

I've use the technique of writing down that pink elefant and putting down a big X and saying "I will not do this" for many years and it has worked very effectively. But yeah, YMMV, I can't argue with that.

bcmyers2112

Registered
This is the website.
https://www.gsdfaster.com/
I think there is only an iOS version. I discovered it by chance so I know nothing more. For me Nirvana is number one.

Yeah, I took a look out of curiosity but it doesn't look like much. I'm also very happy with Nirvana. I've said it before: it has the most faithful implementation of GTD of any software I've tried. It makes my GTD practice easier without adding an intolerable amount of overhead.

Jodie E. Francis

GTD Novice
Great thread, sorry I missed it until now @TesTeq !

Over the holidays I found myself going down a couple of paths where I'd been before. One was exploring a new piece of equipment - and I bumped up against the same issue I ultimately found last time I tried it. This time I made some notes & added them to my list manager under 'Reference' so I would have a chance of finding them if I try to pursue this option again in future... but after reading your post I've moved the note to a list called "Someday - NOT!" and included a date reference. So in the future I'll be able to see where I went with the research, and when, and save some trouble. (Technology advances, so I won't say 'never', but I really like identifying this sort of thing separately from basic Reference)

Now if I could just remember what the other thing was... :/

TesTeq

Registered
Great thread, sorry I missed it until now @TesTeq !

Over the holidays I found myself going down a couple of paths where I'd been before. One was exploring a new piece of equipment - and I bumped up against the same issue I ultimately found last time I tried it. This time I made some notes & added them to my list manager under 'Reference' so I would have a chance of finding them if I try to pursue this option again in future... but after reading your post I've moved the note to a list called "Someday - NOT!" and included a date reference. So in the future I'll be able to see where I went with the research, and when, and save some trouble. (Technology advances, so I won't say 'never', but I really like identifying this sort of thing separately from basic Reference)

Now if I could just remember what the other thing was... :/
I hope it will work for you!