• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Things GTD guide

Cdkenned

Registered
In reading through the Things 3 guide again, i’m not clear on why it recommends not using the built in Someday list. It indicates that would be duplicative to creating a separate someday/maybe list, but why not skip creating the list and use Someday?
 
Purchased the Things 3 setup guide some time ago and was really disappointed. There are more topics than what you write I had to disagree with.

You may of course use Someday for someday/maybe. I even keep things in Someday without any tags.

If you are interested in further exchange, feel free to initiate it.
 
I am currently using Things 3 along the lines Cultured Code intended, with a few extra wrinkles thrown in. While I view my usage as broadly compatible with GTD, it is not a simple transcription of a paper system. So far, it is proving extremely successful. My mind is so much like water, my wife is complaining about the puddles on the floor. ;) So far, so good, but I’m giving it a bit more time before I describe it here.
 
Top