Timeline software

Smile Police

Registered
Hi there I run and outdoor music festival and I need to create a timeline for all my deliveriables does any one know of any good time line software out there.

Or does anyone know of any good excel templates where I enter the start and finish date of a task and it graphs a time line for me. So that I can have many task on the one graph

Michael Kent

Registered
Google Gadgets

Hi there, Microsoft Project would do the job but is expensive and perhaps overly heavy.

I noticed a couple of Google Docs Gadgets for their spread sheeting tool that looked worthwhile checking out. Open up a spreadsheet, click "Insert Gadget" and try "Timeline Gadget" or "Gantt Chart" under the "Charts" category. These can all be used for free, i think.

Good luck, Michael

mhm802

Registered
Check out a product called "Project Kick Start". I tried the trial version a while ago and it looked pretty good, and simple. (Then I changed jobs and had no need for it)

MarinaMartin

Registered
Smile Police;60061 said:
Hi there I run and outdoor music festival and I need to create a timeline for all my deliveriables does any one know of any good time line software out there.

Or does anyone know of any good excel templates where I enter the start and finish date of a task and it graphs a time line for me. So that I can have many task on the one graph

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard very good things about LiquidPlanner.

sidsavara

Registered
Microsoft Project, Open Workbench

I like Microsoft Project, but a friend of mine had a similar situation and said he was going to try out Open Workbench, a free MS Project alternative

Never heard how it turned out, but the website looks good and it sounds promising =)