• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Timeline software

Hi there I run and outdoor music festival and I need to create a timeline for all my deliveriables does any one know of any good time line software out there.

Or does anyone know of any good excel templates where I enter the start and finish date of a task and it graphs a time line for me. So that I can have many task on the one graph
 
Google Gadgets

Hi there, Microsoft Project would do the job but is expensive and perhaps overly heavy.

I noticed a couple of Google Docs Gadgets for their spread sheeting tool that looked worthwhile checking out. Open up a spreadsheet, click "Insert Gadget" and try "Timeline Gadget" or "Gantt Chart" under the "Charts" category. These can all be used for free, i think.

Good luck, Michael
 
Check out a product called "Project Kick Start". I tried the trial version a while ago and it looked pretty good, and simple. (Then I changed jobs and had no need for it)
 
Smile Police;60061 said:
Hi there I run and outdoor music festival and I need to create a timeline for all my deliveriables does any one know of any good time line software out there.

Or does anyone know of any good excel templates where I enter the start and finish date of a task and it graphs a time line for me. So that I can have many task on the one graph

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard very good things about LiquidPlanner.
 
Microsoft Project, Open Workbench

I like Microsoft Project, but a friend of mine had a similar situation and said he was going to try out Open Workbench, a free MS Project alternative

Never heard how it turned out, but the website looks good and it sounds promising =)
 
Top