Trying to “sort myself out” doing a weekly review for the first time in about thirty days since moved house.

It looks to me like the window on the left contains your mindsweep. It looks perfect. If I were you, and if everything is off your mind and in that document, I would put the document in your inbox and declare the mindsweep a success.
Yes it was a version of a mind sweep?

I could scan over this document again.

Then do another mind sweep digitally?
Here is what my mind sweep looked like.
  1. I took a pad of paper and a pen.
  2. I wrote everything on my mind in the pad of paper.
  3. I used the trigger list on the GTD book to remind myself of more things to write down
  4. I feel like I could have kept on writing for ever, but when the flow of ideas slowed down (after about an hour) I stopped writing.
  5. I tore all the pages I had written ideas on and put them in my inbox.
Later, I clarified and organised everything on my mind sweep. As I clarified and organised each item, I crossed it off, and when I had finished clarifying and organising, I recycled the paper I had used. There was no need to keep the mind sweep after each item in it had been clarified and organised.

Your saying you only did this M.S. exercise once for half an hour only?

Used the GTD chapter mind sweep.

I can try to clarify and organize everything - using the Asana software digitally

I think I addressed everything in your writing here?

Thanks Cfoley"
STN

there was 1/2 cues in my reply here
and then maybe 1/2 further possible things on top of that - lets give this a 24 hr deadline"

It looks to me like the window on the left contains your mindsweep. It looks perfect. If I were you, and if everything is off your mind and in that document, I would put the document in your inbox and declare the mindsweep a success.

ITM

about ~ 5mins after
looking more
erm

more P.S. thoughts

"my mind sweep " shown in print screen (not able to see it all) - was just parital picture/jpeg of manually writing out the "trigger list in book" for maybe half an hour , didn't finish going to end of list - and you write that you also did not?
I would say what I shown in print screen jpeg - above is far from perfect, it was a bad use of The Brian which I am no longer using - after saw persons related to @Mrs-Polifax (someone was writing with) say The Brian suppose have certain benefits for people who are visual ...

Was thinking well how should one approach to finish doing a mind sweep then?

Is it written else where like in the book maybe?

Should you approach doing a mind sweep periodically - e.g. come back to it once a month? and carry on

maybe other users reading this can give advice on finishing a mind sweep?

This linked to multiple things "

STN

cfoley

Registered
I have only ever done a mindsweep 2 or 3 times. Once when I was setting up my system, another time after I had missed several weekly reviews in a row. Maybe I have done a third mindsweep. I can't remember. It is a tool that I might use again in the future but I feel that my capture habit and weekly review habit mean that I don't feel the need to do regular mindsweeps.

I think my main point really is to not overcomplicate it. Just get everything out of your head in whatever way works for you. The format or tool doesn't really matter because the document you create doesn't need to be kept long-term. It is merely input to your inbox.

I suspect that you might be trying to do a perfect mindsweep and I wonder if this is holding you back. I would urge you to do an imperfect one and then clarify and organise the results. The reason that I think you don't have to do a perfect mindsweep is that if you think of something in the future then you can take a note (either in paper or on your phone) and put it in the inbox for later processing. The mindsweep really just kickstarts the process.

I have only ever done a mindsweep 2 or 3 times. Once when I was setting up my system, another time after I had missed several weekly reviews in a row. Maybe I have done a third mindsweep. I can't remember. It is a tool that I might use again in the future but I feel that my capture habit and weekly review habit mean that I don't feel the need to do regular mindsweeps.

I think my main point really is to not overcomplicate it. Just get everything out of your head in whatever way works for you. The format or tool doesn't really matter because the document you create doesn't need to be kept long-term. It is merely input to your inbox.

I suspect that you might be trying to do a perfect mindsweep and I wonder if this is holding you back. I would urge you to do an imperfect one and then clarify and organise the results. The reason that I think you don't have to do a perfect mindsweep is that if you think of something in the future then you can take a note (either in paper or on your phone) and put it in the inbox for later processing. The mindsweep really just kickstarts the process.

I don't know how long you have been GTD'ing .
I feel like I have done 2 unsatisfactory mind sweeps - I am same like you missing weekly reviews.

Yes simplicity is key. I need to use Asana.

Yes the get is creating/starting said gary vunkerjick (typo gary V) once in a YT video

"STN

reading over "in the future then you can take a note (either in paper or on your phone) and put it in the inbox for later processing." I am not at this stage yet