What are some examples of checklists you use in the weekly review?

Lagerbaer

Registered
One of the items of the weekly review, under the "Get Current" heading, is the "Review any relevant checklists."

Well, right now I don't have any such checklists and am wondering if I'm somehow missing out on something, or if I am making things too complicated by having implicit checklists in my head rather than explicitly on paper (on in Todoist)...

So I was curious to see what sort of checklists others are using, in the hopes that this will trigger some "aha!" moment for me.

MichaelB212

Registered
Hey there!

I have a series of checklists that I keep under Area: Checklists in Things 3 that I call “Life Maintenance.” I have several categories with sub-categories nested below each. Examples are category: “Financial Maintenance” and within that is “Review weekly spending in Mint.com,” “pay credit cards balances.” Other categories include “Wellness Maintenance,” (health & fitness), “Home Maintenance,” “Car Maintenance,” “Grooming Maintenance” and “Fun Maintenance” with checklists within each. It’s basically a weekly check-in with myself and my environment that I scan to ensure everything is firing on all cylinders.

Lagerbaer

Registered
Thank you for that reply and those examples. To me, things like "Finances" or "Wellness" are part of the "Areas of Focus / Responsibility" that get reviewed in the earlier step of the weekly review, that I have in a mindmap and look at for the review (I think its in the "Review Projects / Larger outcomes" step).

enyonam

Registered
I also have a lot of my routines built into my Horizons of Focus mindmap so I don't have separate checklists for that kind of stuff. Even my someday/maybe list is mostly built into my Horizons of Focus mindmap so that Weekly Review step tends to cover more than just my 20k to 50k lists.

What's left in my checklists is typically reference checklists like Incompletions Trigger List, My Year Review checklist, My Capture Tools, Moving Checklist, Keynote / Speaking Event Checklists, and so forth.

Oogiem

Registered
o I was curious to see what sort of checklists others are using, in the hopes that this will trigger some "aha!" moment for me.
Most of my "Checklists" are actually detailed recurring projects that I have in Omnifocus. I may not even use them much as I work through the days, weeks and months but they are there so that in case I am injured or gone someone else can pick up what I have left and keep everything running.

So I have detailed how to checklists for just about every mundane and routine things I do to manage finances, plan sheep work, do sheep related tasks, handle things in the house and so on. I actually only review them quarterly, when I swap things in and out of Omnifocus for my holding system in DEVONThink.

Other things that some folks call checklists are long lists of someday/maybe items like Books to Read, Movies to Watch, Places to Travel to and so on. These are all in DT as well.

I also have checklists for common tasks that reoccur on an irregular schedule I have a blank one as an on-hold project and when there is an instance to do I duplicat ehtat project, make it active and change the title to reflect the current instance. Examples include "Getting the Little House ready for Guests", "Cleaning Little House After Guests", "Get NSIP data ready to send to LambPlan" and "Update NSIP data in LambTracker"

Reactions: AFG

AFG

Registered
One of the items of the weekly review, under the "Get Current" heading, is the "Review any relevant checklists."

Not exactly my "review" checklist, but...

Some of my most important checklists are the various places I have to look and steps I have to take to collect or gather all of my captured stuff and incorporate it into my GTD system.

E.g.

• JPR
  1. on my iPhone, in the Just Press Record app, initiate transcription for each essage (manual process, not automated)
  2. wait until done (hours to days) (actually, do other stuff)
  3. for each item, send transcription and/or recording to OneNote
  4. wait until done (hours to days)
  • looks like I will have to do a similar scan to forward Drafts notes from iPhone to OneNote

• to collect Apple Reminders
  1. on PC, in iCloud web pages - screen snip Reminders
  2. paste into OneNote
  3. Copy text from image
  4. Run macro Create Link Pages from Paragraphs

• in OneNote on PC
    • GTD-assimilate all of my OneNote Inboxes. (Plural, because I try to give different apps different sections to dump stuff into)
Sometimes - run my macros to search for OneNote items that may have been misfiled (unfortunately quite easy to misfile - literally an accidental swipe of palm) (unfortunately, these OneTastic macris are slow, and lock me out of OneNote while running)