What GTD products would you find useful?

Ger80C

Registered
As "PKM" Systems are getting more traction, I think Setup Guides for Notion, Roam Research, Logseq and - to my mind: first and foremost! - Obsidian would be helpful. Those tools are, in essence, text-based databanks, but add the power of linking and some automation or automated list-generation that can easily be leveraged for GTD-style project and context list generation. I think even an all-combining "GTD for PKM systems" Guide - without the need to detail every app - would be helpful.

Oogiem

Registered
I think Setup Guides for Notion, Roam Research, Logseq and - to my mind: first and foremost! - Obsidian
I'd LOVE and purchase a set-up guyide for Obsidian especially if it came in 2 flavors/sections. 1 for vanilla no plug-ins Obsidian and one for suggested plug-ins and usage to handle more complex systems.

I'me working on my own implementation but I've learned from the set-up guides for my former choices even when I didn't implement my system that way.

kiteracer

Registered
I have that Hat & the MIND LIKE WATER HAT!
Honestly, if ANYONE would like to sell their “Next Action Hero” or “Mind Like Water” baseball cap, I’ve been looking for one via eBay saved search for well over a decade now. It’s not like one will just randomly show up at my local TJ Maxx lol. It’s the perfect accessory!

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Like this?

I like it! I presume it is intended to represent a bottle of the water referred to by David Allen when he describes "mind like water." It's simple yet elegant and is worthy of that relaxed presence and flow. Was it a real GTD souvenir at one time? Or is it a computer simulation, pehaps one you created? Very nice!

Cpu_Modern

Registered
re OP: Printed forms for use in a binder.

Now to make these kind of things a hit, there are some things to consider that get often overlooked:
  • The paper should be well choosen, It should work fine with pen, pencil, fountain pen and highlighters.
  • The layouts should be clean and clear, not full ob stuff that nobody can use. No fillers like a "world map."
  • However, essential info should be there. Typical omission for example are week numbers in the calendar.
  • No "all or nothing" packaging. I could see myself using a paper calendar, but "contacts" in the age of the smart phone?
  • etc pp

sr2ndblack

Registered
re OP: Printed forms for use in a binder.

Now to make these kind of things a hit, there are some things to consider that get often overlooked:
  • The paper should be well choosen, It should work fine with pen, pencil, fountain pen and highlighters.
  • The layouts should be clean and clear, not full ob stuff that nobody can use. No fillers like a "world map."
  • However, essential info should be there. Typical omission for example are week numbers in the calendar.
  • No "all or nothing" packaging. I could see myself using a paper calendar, but "contacts" in the age of the smart phone?
  • etc pp
I mean, I'd be cool with a printable version of all those. I've got an A5 printer paper that works pretty well. So far I've had no feathering with my FP or any gel ink pens either.

For the curious, here it is.