What GTD products would you find useful?

Hi @PhillyBass , it's on our list of potential guides. And, it's not an application that we have had many requests for. There are several people who frequent this forum who use it one way or another.
Obsidian was definitely one of those fringe apps that didn't seem all that popular, until very recently. I have been following the GTD setup guide for EverNote for over a decade. Then in 2022-2023 while EverNote was bleeding customers, many of us were looking frantically for something to replace it. Obsidian stood out from the sea of dozens of note apps for its ability to support EverNote import and nested tags and nearly every major desktop and mobile OS including Linux. I am in the process of adapting GTD to Obsidian, trying to follow as closely to the EverNote implementation from years ago, but if there were an official guide I would definitely purchase it.

Very interested to hear how people have set up Obsidian for GTD.

Phil
Hi Phil,

I found two methods described online, ( Method 1 ) and ( Method 2 ). I am in the process of trying to come up with the simplest method possible for myself, relying on the least amount of plugins, and sticking to the original DavidCo EverNote setup guide as much as possible.

Very interested to hear how people have set up Obsidian for GTD.

Phil
I use the tasks plug-in. I have tags for each context. I use templater plugin to create project notes that are classed as a project in either active, archive or on_hold states. I have a dashboard note that shows me al the tasks by contexts and I have one that shows me all projects. I can slice and dice my tasks in any way I see fit.

I am just now starting to implement sequential tasks in some of my repeating projects that re-occur every year but I have not decided if that way works for me.