• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Where do I file this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AMS
  • Start date Start date
A

AMS

Guest
When my boss goes out of town, he leaves an itinerary with hotel contact info, etc. on it. He'll only be gone for about 3 days, which makes me not want to enter it as a note in my PDA. However, I don't know where to file this piece of paper in the office. Tickler file (moving it day to day)? Create a "Boss Itinerary" file? (this does happen fairly regularly). There is a 50-50 shot that I'll need this piece of paper, but of course I won't know if I need it until he gets back...I can't recall what the book says about this. Anybody know?
 
Make it an "untimed event" - repeating over the 3 days that he will be gone. That way - you have the information everyday at the top of your calendar, and you have a record of where/when he was if you want to flip back to it in the future.

It IS "date-specific" info - releveant/connected to only those three days - so that's where it should go :)

Thanks

Rich
 
My husband travels frequently on business, and always e-mails me a copy of his itinerary. I print them out and keep them in a folder in a standing file on my desk, labeled "Jim's Travel." I'm a freelancer and work at home, so I don't have to worry about keeping the information in two locations. I also put a repeating, untimed event in my Palm with his name and the city he's in.
 
Top