• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

wrist watch voice recorder?

I have been using my cell phone to record thoughts that come to me when it is inconvenient to write a note. I really like it. But, I have to fish the phone from wherever I am carrying it, and so I wonder -- suppose I could record with a watch -- no fumbling, no fishing -- just press and record. Has anybody tried this?

Thanks,
Rob
 
Thanks Kelly,

Given your findings and the type of site that supplies such items, maybe a watch isn't such a good idea. At least when I am recording a message on the phone, my intentions are obvious. I think I will stick with my phone :)

Rob
 
mcogilvie;92290 said:
The iPod nano will record, but you need to use earbuds/headset with a microphone.

And you can buy bands to wear it as a (chunky) watch. The latest update just realised has a variety of watch faces.
 
mmurray;92294 said:
And you can buy bands to wear it as a (chunky) watch. The latest update just realised has a variety of watch faces.

Full Circle! Since my cell phone displays the time, why wear a watch? So when my watch died, I decided to 'go modern' and use my phone as a time keeper. After a month without a watch, I decided retrieving the time from a pocket or carrying case was just too annoying, and I do indeed appreciate a watch, even though it has redundant functionality. And, as long as I have decided to go back to a watch, why not look for more functionality, such as a voice recorder. The nano is a very intriguing idea. I wonder when they will move a phone onto the watch too -- then maybe I can get rid of the cell phone I lug around :)

Thanks for the tips.
Rob
 
Top