wrote on a5 piece of paper and put in my in tray was literally this: why allen recommends taking capturing devices where you go: for example keeping

Print it off. The worse that can happen is that you never look at it.
395984033_1410505733178045_1334678502018608940_n.jpg
"I uploaded this image on FB where used fathers printer to print this on A4 ST :(

Maybe this will help?

ITM

Writing

what do you reccommend I do with sheet of paper?

Where should put it? its just out in my room

Do think - should use this first sheet paper you hyperlinked PDF (first time somone done this on fourm) - also put it create a new filling system to go with it and put this at top of it for example?

Do you think I should try to glue another diagram on back of this sheet? Like person showing in video

Or should I try do something like hang this sheet of paper out on wall for example?

ST

DKPhoto

Registered
ITM

Writing

what do you reccommend I do with sheet of paper?

Where should put it? its just out in my room

Do think - should use this first sheet paper you hyperlinked PDF (first time somone done this on fourm) - also put it create a new filling system to go with it and put this at top of it for example?

Do you think I should try to glue another diagram on back of this sheet? Like person showing in video

Or should I try do something like hang this sheet of paper out on wall for example?

ST
I suggest you put it where you are likely to see it when you need it.

I put mine in the bottom of my in tray. When I process all the things in the tray, i take them all out, TURN THEM OVER, and then take the top sheet off which is the flow chart, which I then put to one side so i can refer to it as i process my in tray.

Turning over the contents of your in tray also means that you deal with the first thing that you put in there, rather than the last.

You can certainly bookmark the online pdf version in case you need it again.

Meg may have out her diagram in a plastic sleeve or laminate, but mine is just the piece of paper.

Attachments

• IMG_5205.jpeg
    IMG_5205.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7

I put mine in the bottom of my in tray. When I process all the things in the tray, i take them all out, TURN THEM OVER, and then take the top sheet off which is the flow chart, which I then put to one side so i can refer to it as i process my in tray.

Turning over the contents of your in tray also means that you deal with the first thing that you put in there, rather than the last.

Meg may have out her diagram in a plastic sleeve or laminate, but mine is just the piece of paper.
ut mine in the bottom of my in tra

"https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...oNmchS39ycyWeELoacArhKGYxBpZANhuQdad81gqsVMfl

put mine in the bottom of my in tray

"ake the top sheet off which is the flow chart,"
you write put flow sheet at bottom, but it is also the top sheet?

"Turning over the contents of your in tray" oh right

Okay I will try bookmarking the PDF version, to stay in top search bar of my Microsoft edge browser even though I don't use bookmarks much

"okay I could try putting diagram in plastic sleeve also like meg

I have lots of plastic sleeves in my bedroom in a folder

What else?

Thanks

You tried to attach an image here of a type of wooden intray

I will try this ASAP?

ST

Maybe this will help?

Yesterday I wrote in my online google drive document

qouted text while I watched throgh that video (in two parts, paused in middle

"
20 03

What component GTD used most?
Next action thinking?
Not asking clarifying questions
Moving from clarifying to orgnaizint
Shows diagram

2 27
Words under calendar

If it is actionable then what is the next action

If don’t figure next action then I am going to let it go

Can do it in 2 minutes?
Can delegate it

Lots people skip over that
If can’t do it those two actions, then do you defer it?
Or want put that on next actions list do

Take pause on video
Find some email or paper just sitting and ask clarifying questions" ST

"Quote

from text editor:

The next action I have “on my mind” wrote down on list I could back up with picks is literally this idea action “could literally back up with pics on forum

Post thread title “a5 paper intray

Saying for example - at end of the workday week, is Sat now, in the morning , I looked over the type of green intray I have (items list I have there right now

For two of the pieces of paper - I just put todays date and then literally myself just wrote the next actions possible for them (that would progress to completing the main task)

And then for other lists of - then for over types of papers/lists I had on in tray something quite literally did - was just put it to side of my room because not sure what to do with them

"Q I could tag other persons

1698482676246.png

[https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...xgyEFpkFB8cMofgsqyvniXYL5YmnUiXrymV7k31HdBNyl]

Edit:

Also worth persons
@DKPhoto
@gtdstudente

@Shady Waxwing
@Ogelu (can't spell)

13:41

At the top of the list on piece of paper

I wrote I should really review the post I made on GTD which made “titiled about using an in tray or paper tray and A5 paper

Thoughts came back had it saw user write something literally that - when you come back to the actual paper tray to review it at end of week - should get rid of the individual a5 pieces of paper after looking at them

But not sure literally - that with myself that would help?
Was thinking maybe should do something like file away pieces of paper I have

-or for example transfer them digitally (as saw written in first part of the book I was reading over now, which made a separate thread about)

I had a background thought I don’t believe that I put in a intray or captured - would it be worth myself Tim to try to more effectively utilise digital technology, this stage that I am in right now

Or would using Digital technology systems be more effective when persons is actually more advanced in GTD

Because myself tim just seems to have this continual yearning within myself of thoughts ideas - like if able to use forum would hope

*came back about file folders- or files for example- I have it in my mind actually saw forum users post about this and can’t can’t exactly remember what was said now

“So this is to defer an come back to as - at current moment with my circadian rhythm response where just need leave this be able focus

@20 15 the voice In Tims head said to send this text and first try tagging the persons @John Forrister "and then after that, if the "Q" happens to tag the rest of the users on this fourm which I previously have? Thanks Tim. "ST

Here is a link to a description of the tickler file, and a diagram that shows how it looks using file folders. Also called a carry forward file, and maybe known by other terms.

These days I use my calendar to incubate reminders, instead of a physical tickler file. If someone still has a lot of paper inputs, a physical system might be handy.

https://gettingthingsdone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2016-Tickler-File-.pdf
"The next action on Tims list is to download that type of PDF, try to make notes about it after highlighting the digital pdf version

Quoted text from text editor

"
down to get it out of your mind. What you do with it the next time you look at it is up to you, even if that is to just delete it.
User DK @DKPhoto

“index of the book for tickler file-it is part of GTD that means it shows up at a later date.”
User DK

“link to a description of the tickler file, and a diagram that shows how it looks using file folders” these days I use my calendar to incubate reminders, instead of a physical tickler file.

@Shady Waxwing

"so reviewing this (by simply scrolling over the posts here, ones which I didn't originally like properly - I actually ended up realizing that I was wrong, a user on this fourm didn't tell me to delete/scrap a5 pices of paper in my green intray in my room when looking at them at end of week (once per week - I presume that is what would be good to do?) but I could "delete" destroy them if wanted to.

What else

ST Tim"