iOS reminders

Marco Betschart

Registered
Interestingly enough, while my needs are anything but simple (I generally have between 100 and 200 client projects in some active state plus all the other multi-step projects, I am finding that GoodTask is proving to be more flexible than either Omnifocus or Things 3. The trick is taking the step back to not try and make it everything, but rather the GTD focus point. With subtasks, I can quickly handle small or receptive things and maintain the project link. For larger projects I have to spend more time on the review, but again, dedicating focus to the review is not a bad thing. All of the more complex systems such as OF or T3 I tended to find myself resisting due to friction. That meant I never developed the level of trust I required. Reminders with Goodtask just really seems amazingly powerful and I have a far better view of what I'm faced with than I ever did with the larger systems. I think it's a forest/trees thing.

I'm feeling absolutely with you! I love to keep things simple and using the GTD approach. This works quiet well using the Apple Reminders stock app. However, one thing I felt was always missing, is a visual report to keep me accountable and on track. That said, I've built Progress for Apple Reminders, a way to set goals on Reminders and to visualize how your doing using a simple progress bar: https://progress.rocks/blog/vision/the-story-behind-progress-for-apple-reminders/

If you're relying on Apple Reminders in your productivity system, give it a try!

Peter Me

Registered
So far I have taken to IOS reminders it seems to work for me. While it lacks cross-platform integration Its ease of use is appealing and since I always have my phone on me it’s convient. I was wondering if anyone else use reminders and if they have any tips.
Wow, so much doom & gloom.
Reminders can be accessed from any browser if you set up an iCloud account.
Reminders list can be exported, and frankly, can be imported into a slew of other apps.

AFG

Registered
Wow, so much doom & gloom.
Reminders can be accessed from any browser if you set up an iCloud account.
Reminders list can be exported, and frankly, can be imported into a slew of other apps.

OK, so: how do you export Apple Reminders to a text file? Not just the text, but also things like reminder date and location. Not just obe list or one reminder, but all reminders in all lists, preserving list structure?

(a) from iPhone Reminders.

Googling for the umpteenth time, I found a new possibility (9 months old post) - the Workflow app on iPhone. I am not going to feel too stupid, not when posts like this begin "I've been looking for a way to export an iOS Reminders list as text (without using a Mac or copying/pasting each item by hand) for years."

(b) from iCloud web page?

Yes, I can copy/paste one by one. That is slow.

So slow, that I have resorted to taking a screen clipping, pasting into OneNote, and OCR'ing. Works, but loses some metadata.

I have also used IFTTT, but that is an incremental, not a full export.