iOS reminders

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by Tombo, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Marco Betschart

Marco Betschart Registered

I'm feeling absolutely with you! I love to keep things simple and using the GTD approach. This works quiet well using the Apple Reminders stock app. However, one thing I felt was always missing, is a visual report to keep me accountable and on track. That said, I've built Progress for Apple Reminders, a way to set goals on Reminders and to visualize how your doing using a simple progress bar: https://progress.rocks/blog/vision/the-story-behind-progress-for-apple-reminders/

If you're relying on Apple Reminders in your productivity system, give it a try!

2. Peter Me

Peter Me Registered

Wow, so much doom & gloom.
    Reminders can be accessed from any browser if you set up an iCloud account.
    Reminders list can be exported, and frankly, can be imported into a slew of other apps.

3. AFG

AFG Registered

OK, so: how do you export Apple Reminders to a text file? Not just the text, but also things like reminder date and location. Not just obe list or one reminder, but all reminders in all lists, preserving list structure?

(a) from iPhone Reminders.

Googling for the umpteenth time, I found a new possibility (9 months old post) - the Workflow app on iPhone. I am not going to feel too stupid, not when posts like this begin "I've been looking for a way to export an iOS Reminders list as text (without using a Mac or copying/pasting each item by hand) for years."

(b) from iCloud web page?

Yes, I can copy/paste one by one. That is slow.

So slow, that I have resorted to taking a screen clipping, pasting into OneNote, and OCR'ing. Works, but loses some metadata.

I have also used IFTTT, but that is an incremental, not a full export.