About a problem using Davids email system being able to archive emails within waiting for folder"

F M M on the asana guide - there is something “keeping inbox to zero or managing actionable e-mail”

And this something felt like been problem in background,
Please see image attached,1726923624447.png
[archive button shown here not selectable]

1726923684580.png

Then in same folder - certain e-mails are achievable.

What should I do about this? maybe @gtdstudente .

Where basically - I have a habit off : just clicking certain e-mails “move to @Waiting-” for folder (then staying there and getting cluttered because being unsure what to do with them -

I see in the section : these is image of option to archive (could show second image off) which isn’t bolded or highlighted (for certain ones, but is for certain ones." STN

F M M on the asana guide - there is something “keeping inbox to zero or managing actionable e-mail”

And this something felt like been problem in background,
Please see image attached,View attachment 1992
[archive button shown here not selectable]

View attachment 1993

Then in same folder - certain e-mails are achievable.

What should I do about this? maybe @gtdstudente .

Where basically - I have a habit off : just clicking certain e-mails “move to @Waiting-” for folder (then staying there and getting cluttered because being unsure what to do with them -

I see in the section : these is image of option to archive (could show second image off) which isn’t bolded or highlighted (for certain ones, but is for certain ones." STN
@TimBourne

The only digital 'app' for GTD used on this end is the "G-Suite"

Regarding gmail . . . simply using "Labels" as files / @Context . . . which has proved to be very good on this end while tolerably clunky for dynamic optimizing in comparison to dynamically positioning emailed Next Actions

Keep at it as you see GTD fit

@TimBourne

The only digital 'app' for GTD used on this end is the "G-Suite"

What google suite?
Regarding gmail . . . simply using "Labels" as files / @Context . . . which has proved to be very good on this end while tolerably clunky for dynamic optimizing in comparison to dynamically positioning emailed Next Actions
It was written just use 1 waiting for folder and one 1 action support

what do you mean here? saying to to use a context folder?
or next actions? "

Keep at it as you see GTD fit

"

In Gmail, once you move the email to a label, you cannot archive it from there. It goes into "All mail" You would be able to find it in both places. Archive just sends it to All Mail. If you label something from Inbox, it will remain in inbox and you could click the icon from there. It would then move to All Mail and still have the label and again you could find it in both places. I keep my inbox at 0 and label emails. "read through", "follow up", or "waiting for". I do contexts in my system not my email. If I need to search for an email the search function is excellent. That is rare though. 1727551924363.png

In Gmail, once you move the email to a label, you cannot archive it from there. It goes into "All mail" You would be able to find it in both places.
But for some reason - it allows me to press the achieve (typo)button in certain labels (and the email disappears (and can't seem find it afterwards? Why is this? - I tried to show with my print screen
Archive just sends it to All Mail.
oh?
... Your writing more - about the specific info (problem was having) I was trying making this post about having "
If you label something from Inbox, it will remain in inbox and you could click the icon from there. It would then move to All Mail and still have the label and again you could find it in both places. I keep my inbox at 0 and label emails. "read through", "follow up", or "waiting for". I do contexts in my system not my email. If I need to search for an email the search function is excellent. That is rare though. View attachment 1998

But for some reason - it allows me to press the achieve (typo)button in certain labels (and the email disappears (and can't seem find it afterwards? Why is this? - I tried to show with my print screen

oh?
... Your writing more - about the specific info (problem was having) I was trying making this post about having "
It allows you to hit the archive icon if it is in your inbox. 1727555939835.pngOnce out of inbox that option is shadowed out and can't be clicked. Still in "all mail" though.
1727556148653.png
Hope this helps. Hope I'm answering the right question.

In Gmail, once you move the email to a label, you cannot archive it from there. It goes into "All mail" You would be able to find it in both places. Archive just sends it to All Mail. If you label something from Inbox, it will remain in inbox and you could click the icon from there. It would then move to All Mail and still have the label and again you could find it in both places. I keep my inbox at 0 and label emails. "read through", "follow up", or "waiting for". I do contexts in my system not my email. If I need to search for an email the search function is excellent. That is rare though. View attachment 1998
@fooddude ,

Thank you for this 'astutely powerful' observation

Please correct/double-check my feeble understanding as gmail is naturally becoming the most appropriately ubiquitous 'go to' digital GTD system and embarrassingly seemingly should have been a long time ago . . . 'trust issues'

In essence, there are at least two email 'Journals' in gmail

1. "All Mail" is a journal of all emails received

2. "Sent" is a journal of all emails sent to others and 'self'

Thank you very much

@fooddude ,

Please correct/double-check my feeble understanding as gmail is naturally becoming the most appropriately ubiquitous 'go to' digital GTD system and embarrassingly seemingly should have been a long time ago . . . 'trust issues'

Thank you very much
Yes. And an email I send, knowing I'm going to be WF an answer, I bcc to myself so I can move to "Waiting for" label. Then I don't have to remember to go to send file to label it. The only time I really use the inbox icons like delete and archive, is when I receive an email or when I have time to do a quick 2 min to clear inbox. In that two minutes I will delete archive or label as much as I can. I usually have nothing in inbox after weekly review. If there is something that has a next action for me, I will copy paste into my apple notes where I keep next actions etc. Granted, I sometimes have info in two places. But I can clean that up during a weekly review. Unless I "want" to keep both.

maybe helps - a general remark on the system.

GMAIL does not move any email anywhere. All emails sit in one database "forewer" (until not purged).
(that is why each email has a unique URL, and can be referenced from anywhere on the planet :))

It applies TAGS (like stickers) and then uses Views to show emails with certain stickers.

Every email gets a sticker ALL Emails (cannot be removed) and INBOX and UNREAD until opened the first time.

When you read it, the UNREAD sticker is removed.

If you use the "MOVE" function (wherever), it simply adds a sticker and removes the current (e.g. INBOX if you use it there).
That is why the MOVE and LABEL butons just to the same.

DELETE simply adds a DELETE sticker and removes all other (you can find those in the "BIN" - which is a simple VIEW, and the system purges those emails after a set period of time.

@fooddude ,

Thank you very much
what are you suggesting?

Yes. And an email I send, knowing I'm going to be WF an answer,
WF
I bcc to myself so I can move to "Waiting for" label. Then I don't have to remember to go to send file to label it. The only time I really use the inbox icons like delete and archive, is when I receive an email or when I have time to do a quick 2 min to clear inbox. In that two minutes I will delete archive or label as much as I can. I usually have nothing in inbox after weekly review.
Im not at your organization level, inbox is always cluttered after a review ... writing to you more could help me organize my e-mail which is key in GTD system by allen ' WE
If there is something that has a next action for me, I will copy paste into my apple notes where I keep next actions etc. Granted, I sometimes have info in two places. But I can clean that up during a weekly review. Unless I "want" to keep both.

WF

Im not at your organization level, inbox is always cluttered after a review ... writing to you more could help me organize my e-mail which is key in GTD system by allen ' WE
WF

WF=waiting for. It's a shorthand for when I'm taking a quick note to go to my physical inbox. P=phone or text C=computer H=home W= work E=errand.

WF=waiting for. It's a shorthand for when I'm taking a quick note to go to my physical inbox. P=phone or text C=computer H=home W= work E=errand.

I would have to read over this thread from start to finish.

with the original problem,basically:

"if David's email system is worth it " - is it? *

'the previous problem archiving mails in folders above is linked to myself being able to do so"

*Q occurred when my "mail was more organized in past (but never implement full system) - and able get to point where my main inbox was basically null , or had little mail - maybe felt was causing limitations in the present moment - cos made me feel like I had to immediately deal with all in coming mail (like there and then ... (so alot of what I was simply doing was moving it to action or waiting for mail folders - then leaving it there

Do you understand? "

s

I would have to read over this thread from start to finish.

with the original problem,basically:

"if David's email system is worth it " - is it? *

'the previous problem archiving mails in folders above is linked to myself being able to do so"

*Q occurred when my "mail was more organized in past (but never implement full system) - and able get to point where my main inbox was basically null , or had little mail - maybe felt was causing limitations in the present moment - cos made me feel like I had to immediately deal with all in coming mail (like there and then ... (so alot of what I was simply doing was moving it to action or waiting for mail folders - then leaving it there

Do you understand? "

s
I tried using email for NA's but found I liked apple notes better. 1727702462242.pngexample of projects.1727702589364.pngI put the very next action for projects on an NA list.

I tried using email for NA's but found I liked apple notes better. View attachment 2002example of projects.View attachment 2003I put the very next action for projects on an NA list.
Yeah,
I haven't done the best using NA's in emails in the past either.

I've used apple notes.

... was gonna write - should experiment with same as your showing here despite what others have shared to me.

showing images - you have list of project (the main task - but are not , don't have a space for sub tasks there? " s