About a problem using Davids email system being able to archive emails within waiting for folder"

Review, organize and purge!
I no longer need 'label:notes-amazon-test-by-rene-less-valuable ' folder created by previous recommendations (which felt never matched its purpose

could/can delete this

or im not sure it helps me write : I tried implement your previous suggestion : of using a filter on gmail (to filter all set messages about amazon delievers) - basically what happened was they got all sent to this folder (and become cluttered , barely looked at them ' Not sure how a succesfful person is suppose to use that idea of "gmail filters" ?

from here I should just delete them?

I no longer need 'label:notes-amazon-test-by-rene-less-valuable ' folder created by previous recommendations (which felt never matched its purpose

could/can delete this

or im not sure it helps me write : I tried implement your previous suggestion : of using a filter on gmail (to filter all set messages about amazon delievers) - basically what happened was they got all sent to this folder (and become cluttered , barely looked at them ' Not sure how a succesfful person is suppose to use that idea of "gmail filters" ?

from here I should just delete them?
You could do that, but unless you remove the filter, the email will continue to be sent to that folder....

You could do that, but unless you remove the filter, the email will continue to be sent to that folder....
I don't know how one would remove the label of a filter (which created for a label to be created)

'so voice ' says just delete the label (to remove the filter)

I don't know how one would remove the label of a filter (which created for a label to be created)

'so voice ' says just delete the label (to remove the filter)
Well, voice is wrong in this case... You have to go into settings and filters to remove the filter, and 'manage labels' to remove the label.

Well, voice is wrong in this case... You have to go into settings and filters to remove the filter, and 'manage labels' to remove the label.
I went in filters - and deleted the 4 types I had.

' but I would have thought just deleting the label folder in gmail would have also done that?

"one of my ideas uploading the DM information to/from food @fooddude user"

to prove a point and do the task

"
Hi ,

From your posts on my thread on e-mails

you inspired me to create a new type of one note

,when I opened one note, I already had files in it (from my account), so I cannot get it exactly likely you show in picture (above) where under all icloud - you show 8 files of "@Next action" and other files names I previously wasn't told to create in asana guide"

Would it be best - that I just try to add on to my account copy the format you shared here? "

1728048423257.png

maybe @René Lie "

give this 24 hr deadline

"one of my ideas uploading the DM information to/from food @fooddude user"

to prove a point and do the task

"
Hi ,

From your posts on my thread on e-mails

you inspired me to create a new type of one note

,when I opened one note, I already had files in it (from my account), so I cannot get it exactly likely you show in picture (above) where under all icloud - you show 8 files of "@Next action" and other files names I previously wasn't told to create in asana guide"

Would it be best - that I just try to add on to my account copy the format you shared here? "

View attachment 2016

maybe @René Lie "

give this 24 hr deadline
I wouldn't tell anyone what to do. but this is my system. And I think it simple easy to use, and you won't get bogged down working more on the system than getting things done. I've tried tagging, coding, copy pasting pieces from one place to another and project pages for each project with every next action. My mind would just freeze. I started over. I listed every two step project and the very next action that I needed to do (in context) that was it.

I wouldn't tell anyone what to do. but this is my system. And I think it simple easy to use, and you won't get bogged down working more on the system than getting things done.
yes that's how you tried to convey it
I've tried tagging, coding, copy pasting pieces from one place to another and project pages for each project with every next action. My mind would just freeze.
I find with my ASD symptoms, I have freeze also
I started over. I listed every two step project and the very next action that I needed to do (in context) that was it.

like similar to a mind sweep?
is that what I need?

I do not keep a gmail folder for this. I have 3 Waiting for, Read Later, Follow up. I may even get rid of follow up because it crosses over to waiting for. My someday/maybe list is just like my apple notes is just like my project list. View attachment 2005
Do I delete a lot of them? Eh when they don't interest me anymore sure. They are replaced by something else that catches my eye. I delete projects that don't interest me anymore too. Look I keep my system really simple. For example, for every project there is one next action. the very next action. Please don't change yours as the sands shift. I see so many complicated systems that might work for some. They move this to here and copy paste and change to this folder or that. That is too complicated for me and I would spend so much time on the system and not get anything done. Which is the whole point of GTD :) But several years ago I went back to the basics. I just listed a project (on my project list) like any one would do a to do list. Making sure I used done terminology. That was the aha moment for my system. I put the next action on one of my 7 context lists. I was done with that item. (or it was off my mind til I was at that context.) I put my next project on my project list. And the very next action on a context list. I don't do urgency. I don't do most important. I keep it really simple. I find when I do the very next action, I can do several more to move a project along. **You know what I mean. An email gets answered and you can finally move 4 steps down the project** When I get to that stopping point, only the very next action goes on my context list. Are there confusions? Sometimes. That's where the weekly review comes in. Genius. If your system is too complicated, you will spend your weekly review time tweaking your system to "Get it just right" That is not the purpose of the weekly review. I hope this helps. I try to keep it as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Einstein I think but I'm not looking it up right now:)

Foodude

this was the first post reply - where you wrote about the problem

and didn't reply to a question

its worth I go over examine all this writing over again (to try to get myself set up with a list manager in a similar style to yourself?

would you be willing to answer back my queries ? "

I do not keep a gmail folder for this. I have 3 Waiting for, Read Later, Follow up.
in your icloud list manager"
I may even get rid of follow up because it crosses over to waiting for.
What?
My someday/maybe list is just like my apple notes is just like my project list.
View attachment 2005
Do I delete a lot of them? Eh when they don't interest me anymore sure.
Right Wilson @Wilson Ng says he delete 3 things tasks in weekly review at end of week - each week
They are replaced by something else that catches my eye.
I delete projects that don't interest me anymore too. Look I keep my system really simple.
right
For example, for every project there is one next action.
What do you mean?
the very next action. Please don't change yours as the sands shift.
What?
I see so many complicated systems that might work for some.
yes
They move this to here and copy paste and change to this folder or that. That is too complicated for me and I would spend so much time on the system and not get anything done.
I understand
Which is the whole point of GTD :) But several years ago I went back to the basics.
You've been trying to GTD for years? I started here after 1.5 years ago re reading the book
I just listed a project (on my project list) like any one would do a to do list.
So your not using tasks?
Making sure I used done terminology.
What's that?
That was the aha moment for my system. I put the next action on one of my 7 context lists.
On your Icloud "
I was done with that item. (or it was off my mind til I was at that context.) I put my next project on my project list.
On your Icloud "
And the very next action on a context list.
On your Icloud "? right?
I don't do urgency. I don't do most important.
What do you mean?
I keep it really simple. I find when I do the very next action, I can do several more to move a project along.
Your writing - you focus on one project and try to work on it that day?
**You know what I mean. An email gets answered and you can finally move 4 steps down the project**
When I get to that stopping point, only the very next action goes on my context list.
On I cloud
Are there confusions? Sometimes.
Yes
That's where the weekly review comes in.
Genius. If your system is too complicated, you will spend your weekly review time tweaking your system to "Get it just right" That is not the purpose of the weekly review. I hope this helps. I try to keep it as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Einstein I think but I'm not looking it up right now:)
right "s

IM GOING TO TRY TO ASK THIS QUESTION TO EVERYONE I KNOW THEN? POST/POLL?
Is it best i make 1 new i cloud account then - so I can copy the same as yourself yes or no? "
maybe @fooddude

i found out my main mobile

type phone
Huawei) - doesn't use IOS android - be able use icloud app
[https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=67...DSAQkxNDI2NGowajGoAgCwAgA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS]
so what plan on doing is if I feel or want - to use it on phone - ill just open it via the browser version for now"

I tried using email for NA's but found I liked apple notes better. View attachment 2002example of projects.View attachment 2003I put the very next action for projects on an NA list.
'I created a same copy of what showed in first image here "next actions" on new i cloud notes empty (on a brand new i cloud account user)

what show in second image "projects" is the file "project support" - can you confirm ?

is it worth I try to copy like exactly the same as you show in the first image do you think? (or is it worth I go over how this system links to manging e-mail (saying you don't use folders or label action or waiting for in gmail)

STN