Is Nirvana GTD app going to close?

JMartinez

Registered
Yes, but this is just for the desktop Beta app. And the killer bug of if you empty the trash within the app, you no longer can add text to anything. You still have to close out the app and restart it. I reported this months ago. It is highly reproducible. And it is still there. I am very disappointed.

@Longstreet please can you tell me more about the killer bug? i just empty the trash in my beta app (+800 items) and i can add text. I tried in any locations,.. single task, reference lists, projects,... and for me works fine.

Mateusz

Registered
Nice navigation and interface improvements.
New bugs introduction is even nicer ;)
Now I can't assign a task to the project within edit form because the project list isn't scrollable anymore. Drag and drop is the only option to do that.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
@Longstreet please can you tell me more about the killer bug? i just empty the trash in my beta app (+800 items) and i can add text. I tried in any locations,.. single task, reference lists, projects,... and for me works fine.
Really? What OS are you using? I am running Windows 10. I just tried it again. I created a new next action. Then I moved it to the trash. I checked to see if I still had a cursor on other tasks. I did. Now I emptied the trash. And now my text cursor is gone. If I create a new action, I cannot type anything because there is no cursor. I can repeat this over and over. If I end the program and then restart it, everything is back to normal.

JMartinez

Registered
Really? What OS are you using? I am running Windows 10. I just tried it again. I created a new next action. Then I moved it to the trash. I checked to see if I still had a cursor on other tasks. I did. Now I emptied the trash. And now my text cursor is gone. If I create a new action, I cannot type anything because there is no cursor. I can repeat this over and over. If I end the program and then restart it, everything is back to normal.

Hello @Longstreet i use macOSX. Today at work i try again with my Windows 10 laptop and tell you the results.

Greetings from Spain

JMartinez

Registered
Nice navigation and interface improvements.
New bugs introduction is even nicer ;)
Now I can't assign a task to the project within edit form because the project list isn't scrollable anymore. Drag and drop is the only option to do that.

Have similar problem with my contact list, is too long and don't make scroll up/down.

JMartinez

Registered

Hello again @Longstreet
I confirm the bug you indicated in Windows 10

I add an item to the trash, and I empty it.

From then on, I can't write anywhere and I have to log out, close the application and log back in again.

JMartinez

Registered
I really understand that bugs can be annoying, and I also understand that updates are not as frequent as we would like them to be.

But frankly, Nirvana still gives me a lot, and I really appreciate the team's effort to take small steps to improve the application. I'm sure they've done a lot of work under the hood and this work is simply not visible in the user layer.

Despite the bugs, I will continue to use Nirvana with all my love.
No other application has helped me implement GTD as much as Nirvana.

I hope and trust that the bugs will be solved. Also, no application is free of bugs,... Todoist, To Do, Omnifocus, Evernote,... all receive more or less frequent updates to resolve bugs.

JMartinez

Registered
Hello again.

Yes! in the worst case it would drag to projects list to fix it until a new update with fixes arrives.

I think they're more of an interface problem than a performance problem.

last night i experienced some scrolling problem in the contact list as i reported here, instead adjusting the size of the application in the window solved the scrolling problem

In any case, the interface must be adapted to any size.

Today I discovered something else,... the size of the notes in the note box.

At the time of editing, the full width is used, but at the time of viewing, the full width is not used.

In any case, I still love nirvana, let's not forget it's a beta, so it's not the final version

I guess all these problems in the web app don't exist (although I haven't used it for a long time, and I only use the desktop version all and be a beta

bcmyers2112

Registered
Everyone has to judge for themselves whether the advantages of a product outweigh the disadvantages. IMO the bugs introduced in this new beta are more significant than those I see in other products. Between that, the longstanding bugs that have not been fixed and the overall quality of the UI, I think it's time for me to move on. It's too bad. Nirvana is conceptually great, but to me the execution is just too lacking.

Longstreet

Everyone has to judge for themselves whether the advantages of a product outweigh the disadvantages. IMO the bugs introduced in this new beta are more significant than those I see in other products. Between that, the longstanding bugs that have not been fixed and the overall quality of the UI, I think it's time for me to move on. It's too bad. Nirvana is conceptually great, but to me the execution is just too lacking.
I am feeling the same way. Time to move on.

JMartinez

Registered
I am feeling the same way. Time to move on.

New updated version 3.5.3

Desktop App, version 3.5.3 (macOS & windows 10)

Fixed a regression where right-clicking on a task (to bring up the context menu) wasn’t displaying scroll bars if there were too many items to fit within the app window.

and new update in web app

JMartinez

Registered
Okay! Maybe I will maintain the course and not be too hasty to depart.

hahahahahha

@Longstreet , you are a great veteran and defender of Nirvana for many years. I remember that a long time ago I had read some post of yours in some Nirvana forum.

I've left Nirvana myself over the years, but I've always ended up coming back because no other app has given me the clarity that Nirvana gives me.

Longstreet

hahahahahha

@Longstreet , you are a great veteran and defender of Nirvana for many years. I remember that a long time ago I had read some post of yours in some Nirvana forum.

I've left Nirvana myself over the years, but I've always ended up coming back because no other app has given me the clarity that Nirvana gives me.
Agreed! I just wanted evidence of some progress and now they are responding. I really like the dark mode!

Mateusz

Registered
After today's update to 3.5.3, the scroll bug is almost resolved.
There is still a lack of scroll when we use the context menu by pressing the right button.
right click->move->NO SCROLL but...
right click->move->inactive project-> THERE IS A SCROLL
Other lists like choosing a contact or choosing a project within edit form seem to work.

"Use your browser’s back button to navigate to the previous list you were looking at. Forward button works as well, of course. You can also permalink to a specific page in Nirvana too if you like."

This one is good!
Why there is no such option in desktop apps? I love that feature.

Last edited: