• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

is there a complete setup guide for todo.txt?

GTDUser

Registered
hello,

I recently discovered todo.txt and want to evaluate its command line tool for GTD. Can anyone recommend a complete setup guide for GTD with `todo.txt`? The tool is very bare bones but can be modified for any purpose. I am trying to figure out how to set things up, because the concepts must be translated into a set of existing commands - a guide would be a helpful reference.

I already found an interesting thread about this here: https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/threads/a-proposal-for-tickler-txt.15471/ which is a good start. It is about the only thing i could find.
 
how do i control horizontal action management with todotxt.org? There is a plug-in for outlines but it is too complicated for me to handle.
 
I think it is fair to say that todo.txt has not been widely embraced, and is used mostly by a small number of enthusiasts who have very good computer skills. In other words, you are probably on your own. If you want something still hovering at the edge of viability, you might consider Taskpaper format.
 
Top