My favorite To Do list app is shutting down, would love recs for something similar

KW7

Registered
There are a lot more companies with 5-20-50 employees than corporations. It is a huge market for Nozbe and others who support team work. They don't use Microsoft's tools.

Thanks for the Nozbe suggestion. Heading to take a look now. Any idea how long they've been around?

TesTeq

Registered
Thanks for the Nozbe suggestion. Heading to take a look now. Any idea how long they've been around?
"Nozbe was launched more than 12 years ago in February of 2007 as a web app written for a desktop computer by yours truly. Nozbe resonated with people, and it quickly became popular. Initially, Nozbe was run by a single guy and was just a system inspired by Getting Things Done® for a single purpose." https://nozbe.com/blog/nozbe4-beta-launch/

mcogilvie

Registered
Provided you are in a 100% Apple ecosystem.....

My perception is that there is more quality productivity software available on Apple hardware. I certainly don’t read nearly as much about PC software, or Android. Of course, some people use iPhones personally and PC’s at work, and make do. Or use a web app plus smartphone app. In my opinion, Things is really well-designed and way ahead of everything else on any platform.

DAG

Registered
You might like Amazing Marvin. Not cheap, as I recall.

https://www.amazingmarvin.com/

I've recently switched to Trello, something I swore for 10 years I would never do. I wasn't a Trello person, I told myself. But I love it.

Peter
Hi Peter -- Just wanted to thank you for suggesting Trello. I LOVE it! I used the GTD guide for Trello and I am thrilled with how it is laid out and how well it works in general.

I'm so pleased with it -- I'm not even slightly tempted to peek at other apps.

Trello has definitely been a game-changer for me.

Thanks again!
Deb

DAG

Registered
Thanks everyone for your suggestions -- I ultimately went with Trello which Peter Van Harmelen suggested. I love it. Getting the GTD setup guide for Trello was money well spent.

Trello works so well --- it has quelled my "grass is always greener on a different app" restlessness.
Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

NickLS

Registered
If you are an apple person someone recommended Ikuru app. I have also started to move my paper system to Microsoft to do and love it.

PeterByrom

Registered
I can highly recommend Things 3 if you're Mac only.

But I can also recommend todoist. It has lots of flexibility (view tasks by their project, by the tags you add to them, sync to calendar, by due, flags, and you can even make your own filters to take it to the next level).

Hi Peter -- Just wanted to thank you for suggesting Trello. I LOVE it! I used the GTD guide for Trello and I am thrilled with how it is laid out and how well it works in general.

I'm so pleased with it -- I'm not even slightly tempted to peek at other apps.

Trello has definitely been a game-changer for me.

Thanks again!
Deb

That's great, Deb. I'm glad Trello worked out for you.

Peter

georgemixon

Registered
So... if everybody is advertising their well-known preferences, let me add Nozbe. Many poeple like its design and functionality but there's one very important thing: I know its founder and his dedication to keep Nozbe well and indepenent. So there's a very small probability that it will disappear like Wunderlist or the pace of improvements willl be slow.
I have been using NOZBE for 2 years and really like it as my GTD task manager and to-do manager.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions -- I ultimately went with Trello which Peter Van Harmelen suggested. I love it. Getting the GTD setup guide for Trello was money well spent.

Trello works so well --- it has quelled my "grass is always greener on a different app" restlessness.
Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

@DAG You may have found it already but Trello has an excellent and very active community forum: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello/ct-p/trello

Peter