My Written tutorial for the Digital file folder ABC system/method (By simpletivity on youtube) for PC's and more questions about using digital forGTD

Dear GTD

Some exact words
The previous day

I randomly decided , because had voice in my head say: I feel like I need to focus on digital mainly for my GTD journey.
W
“I searched the group different terms such as “ Digital A-Z filing system “ for example and see different posts come up about this topic. [https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/threads/digital-a-z-files.12435/] Is example of other thread in group where users/persons here actually wrote about (but didn't write the actual method of the ABC filing system and and I couldn't see any other posts on fourm about actual instructions/method for a digital filling system, just looked at one other one and didn't seem like any other threads had titles with "instructions/method or tutorial for example".

One of things myself Tim did in past was try setting up type filing system with folders A-Z trying following web video tutorial on YT - and I had it that I did completely it and try it for a while, then I moved the files/system over to expansion drive, when my last laptop got broken. *while proof reding my writing going over in bold/under line I did a quick internet search [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnpAnhV2Jo] Is link example - of what myself Tim remember in my mind/memory previously watching on my previous laptop (and followed instructions gave in video.

What were points says in video above:

You manually create 26 separate files/folders in a location on your PC device, each individual file is given a letter capital for each of letters there are in English alphabet.

-This filing system for PC's is effective because of search feature in files on windows - you can go to "documents" and search the name of created file e.g. photos and be able quickly find it or go manually and select P from the 26 ABC files.

Other pointers from video:
1over time files/folders can be very frustrating because they build up (which leads to subfolders and often things get complicated from just creating sub folders which aren't according to a set proper system.
2 When don't have a proper filing system it takes longer to be able to find the file/data you are looking for.
3 ABC method is "simple" but also very powerful.
4 The reason for using letters of the alphabet is because the filing system is actually based - on using windows 10/11 documents search function.

And since I have had my new laptop for what about four five months now- I haven’t been using a proper digital filing system really? And just been doing the traditional thing of “auto saving” files where first recommended place to save them comes up on PC-laptop such as the “desktop” or “one drive desktop” “or one drive photos for print screens on laptop.

And Tim thought to himself: Well this couldn’t hurt, has benefits: if create another thread on Allens forum documenting myself , steps taking to set up a proper “A-z filing system” from when previously used on old laptop.

And then other users could also give me feed back showing my works.

In my memory - what I previously did was use some 2-3min YT tutorial which just said something create a folder “in documents” on your PC, and then create a number of files A - Z for each character letter in alphabet.

And then you Name larger files according to first key words which pop into your head e.g. photo’s you would put under the file letter “P” , will thinking searching words photos and instantly find it in future

“This thread kill two birds with one stone - because act of writing instructions means it could possibility help another web user set up a digital filing system (as I see other post on forum about digital filing system don’t actually seem to have any instructions written really on doing digital filing system - but were talking about the instructions

And writing this right now was also a Q for Tim to finish the tasks written about with other users in his most recent threads to do with stuffs like

His threads titled “house move, no weekly review in 30 days
Or...

And then try to focus when finished those threads on doing things digitally e.g. the thought occurred to Tim - KEY QUESTION*1 why not do the mind sweep exercise (a digital version instead of using A5 paper sheets as suggested in book - in order to prevent one self from creating clutter/mess) That was words in Tim's head which came back to himself.

"
1 WH “documents paste over # -was when writing about thought that wouldn’t hurt for me - to cut over all documents from my “one drive documents - where realised now they are all automatically saved on new windows 11 type laptop (instead of …

And note worries
Description of some app - worries about PC else 45? #when writing above that - my windows 11 seems to use automatically “onedrive” to back up files and I am not sure myself Tim actually like this, because the way that my files were on the “one drive” we just in regular type saving system with “one drive desktop” and “one drive documents” looking totally cluttered - but Didn’t Allen write something in his book also at same time that he recommends using something a digital filling system, types of digital programs or software for transferring/sorting files - so maybe people/persons on forums here would be able give me advice because I am not sure myself I actual like OneDrive online software that much, that could be better different option, as the free version at least doesn’t seem give that much storage space.

What about Drop box - that was something maybe got a product key with new laptop product? Is drop box better?
"

"

Note​

#note
C:\Users\TimBo\Documents found

By going through this PC users

OalWXsxGEtdxrr065cUv4zTbn_EI5MLgFba63QsLIRBcipk8N_PTQWZ_IU_qYbfZG87OVJoNgYdTBxTK5UrYAUC3I-In76DLH-KNHQnoStpLO5clhjyeoxbg508YgpJtst73kXhWYv1AwlIlfzrhDfAyEgDSJHeQh5r4QkxD5WJsMf1rHSRGoGrOoJJ7SQ

Myself Tim was able to find the proper “documents” file on my laptop PC looking maybe few mins (which I preferred to use with previous laptop), with new laptop my documents created we all going to “desktop” or “documents” One drive saved version.
*The print screen shows that I had to find “documents” my going to files and my username “tim” manually - which first time I did since getting new PC, didn’t figure out how to find “documents” since trying now.

bsPX_R1pzV-ILj00ItibE1jVu-yxMKhXXLoR5jJrn4-10U-nY0wI7_Y02nttzGay98jEz6NKm4Pi9R1e6Igq2-FerDrujA_rTdpktPiehS4cyhkKgdtU38_q4c8u1QlMp1WdORn51SeryrcbgOItewpIAfcTb76cMhJ6H_KbvJJgIIhwcSwf0AazcRs4Ow

Print screen shows that when I go on home screen “desktop” in documents on my PC - it shows desktop documents which are one drive version.
"

Quote 3

"
mentioning ideas : downloaded certain software's Notepad+ user gave recommendation as text editor but didn't like (just have it staying here on my laptop?) or software's "audacity" or "balaboka for audio files" I have used for uploading posts on social media channels - And myself Tim have ideas/visions that I should try upload type content about GTD (when I feel like have become better at it) and maybe link the GTD website here for help been able receive so far?

@gtdstudente @Mrs-Polifax @jwsamuel maybe also - examples of users in my most recent notfications. Looking for answers to all questions in this post chronically - feedback focused on the key question would be most wanted from myself

Questions - does using a digital filling system on PC also wholistically help with things such as CPU or computer speed performance (if having lots unsaved files(not filed away) or duplicates can slow speed a certain amount
How should I make decision whether to keep or delete certain programmes which I have downloaded on my PC which I haven't used for a while, or don't use much at all? "STACTP

gtdstudente

Registered
@TimBourne,

Thank you for your post . . . good job

Posting one question at a time would make replying as accommodating as possible

However, one question did seem to come across clearly regarding "Mind Sweeping"

"Mind Sweeping" can be done digitally, however, perhaps since many people learned to hand write before typing, using Pen-&-Paper can be recommended especially for easy line drawing to connect associated ideas

Thank you very much

Just some personal GTD feedback

As you see GTD fit

@TimBourne,

Thank you for your post . . . good job

Posting one question at a time would make replying as accommodating as possible

However, one question did seem to come across clearly regarding "Mind Sweeping"

"Mind Sweeping" can be done digitally, however, perhaps since many people learned to hand write before typing, using Pen-&-Paper can be recommended especially for easy line drawing to connect associated ideas

Thank you very much

Just some personal GTD feedback

As you see GTD fit

Thanks much for getting back here.

"perhaps since many people learned to hand write before typing," I taught myself to do touch typing when got home schooled by myself - handwriting myself is something which I feel like is a problem.

Yeah I thought I had it that Allen reccommends doing mind sweep with paper in book - said instruction to do it that way, but don't see why wouldn't be able do it digitally unless not organized digitally (hence rason making this post) the other user, some other user gave link/idea to obsidian software- you think maybe makese sense use something different then word to do mindsweep? voice said if X doesn't get back within 24 hrs im going attempt digital verson of mind sweep for first time after reading over in it from book!

"
Posting one question at a time would make replying as accommodating as possible.
"

As I see persons like you reply back in present moment I am trying to reply back the questions which get missed " s

mksilk2

Registered
I struggled like you for many years with a suitable filing system. As a few Connect members will know, I am a big fan of TheBrain where you aren't limited to a traditional file structure like the one you are talking about. So over the last few years I have built my Brain and it allows you to cross reference so your file structure isn't limited.
Having said that, I still have OneDrive which is where a lot of my maintenance/personal documentation is stored in a more traditional style, and I simply reference back to OneDrive from TheBrain. I have attached a picture of one small part of my Brain, my GTD practice.TheBrain_GTD.jpg

gtdstudente

Registered

"perhaps since many people learned to hand write before typing," I taught myself to do touch typing when got home schooled by myself - handwriting myself is something which I feel like is a problem.

Yeah I thought I had it that Allen reccommends doing mind sweep with paper in book - said instruction to do it that way, but don't see why wouldn't be able do it digitally unless not organized digitally (hence rason making this post) the other user, some other user gave link/idea to obsidian software- you think maybe makese sense use something different then word to do mindsweep? voice said if X doesn't get back within 24 hrs im going attempt digital verson of mind sweep for first time after reading over in it from book!

"
Posting one question at a time would make replying as accommodating as possible.
"

As I see persons like you reply back in present moment I am trying to reply back the questions which get missed " s
@TimBourne,

You taught yourself touch-typing . . . in addition to learn Keyboard Short-Cuts, that is a very valuable skill for 'doing' GTD . . . excellent and very good for you

Yes Mind Sweep is one of the first recommended activities to get started with GTD . . . any can be get thereafter . . . especially when 'overwhelmed'

The "Mind Map" that @mksilk2 posted is awesome and its clearly exceptionally beautiful

Thank you for getting back

gtdstudente

Registered
I struggled like you for many years with a suitable filing system. As a few Connect members will know, I am a big fan of TheBrain where you aren't limited to a traditional file structure like the one you are talking about. So over the last few years I have built my Brain and it allows you to cross reference so your file structure isn't limited.
Having said that, I still have OneDrive which is where a lot of my maintenance/personal documentation is stored in a more traditional style, and I simply reference back to OneDrive from TheBrain. I have attached a picture of one small part of my Brain, my GTD practice.View attachment 1707
@mksilk2,

Your posted "Mind Map" is awesome and its clearly exceptionally beautiful

Hopefully nice for you as well in have a venue to display to an ''audience' that can appreciated it for itself and perhaps a few GTD ideas.

Thank you very much

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer

"
"

If I were to give ONE tip regarding mind sweep, it would be to make it as easy as possible to capture anything that comes up. The medium doesn't matter - it doesn't HAVE to be one or the other, just choose whatever works best for you!

Having said that, I still have OneDrive which is where a lot of my maintenance/personal documentation is stored in a more traditional style, and I simply reference back to OneDrive from TheBrain. I have attached a picture of one small part of my Brain, my GTD practice.View attachment 1707

scanning over

"what show image here - is like software version of Brian(my brain)? it is a type of mind map software

"I simply reference back to OneDrive from TheBrain" I don't understand? What is thebrian? Does it have a website for application download?"1 s

@mksilk2,

Your posted "Mind Map" is awesome and its clearly exceptionally beautiful

Hopefully nice for you as well in have a venue to display to an ''audience' that can appreciated it for itself and perhaps a few GTD ideas.

Thank you very much

ITM scanning over
thoughts of your previous post were : I probably don't know all keyboard short cuts there are on windows 11 - is this worth learning, should I search "T I N A?
I agree was cool looking JPEG mind map "

If I were to give ONE tip regarding mind sweep, it would be to make it as easy as possible to capture anything that comes up. The medium doesn't matter - it doesn't HAVE to be one or the other, just choose whatever works best for you!

say capture anything that comes up at anytime?

But thought came to my mind if I end up trying to capture everything - don't you think my mind sweep list could start to become too big (and then less valuable?)?

"medium doesn't matter - it doesn't HAVE to be one or the other, just choose whatever works best for you!" probably best for myself use digital version as supposed to physical paper - because paper seems have certain negatives "s

mksilk2

Registered
scanning over

"what show image here - is like software version of Brian(my brain)? it is a type of mind map software

"I simply reference back to OneDrive from TheBrain" I don't understand? What is thebrian? Does it have a website for application download?"1 s
TheBrain is a type of mind mapping software, but more. You can find more about it here: https://www.thebrain.com/. I am more of a visual person, I struggle with linear lists, my mind just doesn't work like that. However I do use lists as they help a great deal eg errands, checklists. But for more strategic things or even projects, I tend to prefer to use mind maps.

In terms of linking back to OneDrive, TheBrain allows you to insert links to files, hyperlinks etc, just like most other applications. So, for example I track my vehicles maintenance records and receipts. In TheBrain I put the date and time of the service or repair and the cost, then a link to a copy of the receipt which I have taken a picture of and stored in OneDrive.

TheBrain is a type of mind mapping software, but more. You can find more about it here: https://www.thebrain.com/. I am more of a visual person, I struggle with linear lists, my mind just doesn't work like that. However I do use lists as they help a great deal eg errands, checklists. But for more strategic things or even projects, I tend to prefer to use mind maps.

In terms of linking back to OneDrive, TheBrain allows you to insert links to files, hyperlinks etc, just like most other applications. So, for example I track my vehicles maintenance records and receipts. In TheBrain I put the date and time of the service or repair and the cost, then a link to a copy of the receipt which I have taken a picture of and stored in OneDrive.

ITM

thanks for being only person who got back here.

I took this screen shot the other day.

Maybe I should also look at this type of brian soft ware if you tell me to in your next post? Because I also have Autism makes me more visual (so also struggle with linear lists? By liner lists you mean just like written information chronologically like "shopping list"?

"linking back to OneDrive, TheBrain allows you to insert links to files, hyperlinks etc, just like most other applications" Im not the best with tech - such as using things such as "online clouds" but that's a thing need to learn to be successful , are you willing to help me if I narrate more?

"You are talking about receipts to do with vehicles? I don't know what mainatence maintance(typo) records are, don't have a car..."

"because other user shared myself type "obsidian" software, tried downloaded it because thought - try doing mind sweep with it? But then had opposite thought not sure should use obsidian, should un unstill it if takes up space on my PC?
1707481526143.png

and also this one below ,represent different ideas.
1707481542310.png
I wanted to try to share something to use @gtdstudente ,seeing he replied some last, where then showed him pics of the type sheets physical in in tray used to do "a failed" mind sweep - my thoughts where maybe I should scan/look over certain amount of sheets and try manually also write over key points on digital version - started doing this on picture one drive shown above. Then thought maybe it gonna take a while?

Is it worth while to keep, myself type failed mind sweep notes which did in hour or two ? Doubt it said voice if X doesn't get back within 24 hours.

The next post had vis. of was literally showing the exact instructions of book with picture (presume that would be allowed on this fourm - because just one page, so should be alright with "copy right"). chapter on mind sweep - where he shows the entire type list/bank of words suppose to look over to do mind sweep.

Reason for that - is because myself Tim was literally thinking manually typing the words on to digital version (e.g. text editor) Because Im not sure im best type person following instruction just read over list and then jot thoughts which come over you - you understand?

maybe other user @Mrs-Polifax as a fail safe or even @René Lie above" S

"

Dear Allen forum for users who responded to first thread post above @gtdstudente to start with at least.

To add on in this title post ? IF x doesn't get back within 24hours.

One things I wrote, wrote to myself in first thread is how I had single files/documents all out in desktop for example - all ended up doing is putting them in one moved file.

1707483728907.png

"I called the file Inbox" and didn't remember the name, had click through find it just now.

Helps see visual image .

1707483767287.png
In large icons - this is what my previous desktop looked like
Where had W which is WPS word text documents (using text editors for my habit of pasting texts (which post online such as this one (writing in local software application (instead of on the online website/browser first because sometimes on Facebook when you have a "post opened")*1 start writing in it , it then closes and deletes within 1-2 minutes.

The act of writing this would maybe make improvement/change to myself ,that don't need to use text editor when writing on allens fourm - because it has save feature and seems never to "delete.

How should I improve my technology use? These files are they worth keeping*1? What have done in past is transferred files built up over to expansion drive.

*1 because even though not titled with words well - have number title according to date and maybe - I am writing saved text related to things using web for ?

Is it worth I sort through files shown in picture?" s

mksilk2

Registered
Remember a mind sweep is the first step ie the ‘Capture’ step. It makes you feel better because you have taken thoughts and ideas from your mind, where you might be worrying about them, onto another medium. That might be paper, or an app. Then you have to do something with that information. So you move on to the second ‘C’ of the CCORE (Capture, Clarify, Organise, Reflect, Engage). Clarifying is where you say to yourself, for every item you captured, ‘what is this?’ Is it a project, a next action, something I can do in 2 mins, is it a reference item, or a someday/maybe item. If it’s a next action what context does it have? Is it dependent on where I am, or what tools I have available etc. Once you have clarified your items on your mind sweep that mind sweep is now complete. No need to keep it. It is a ‘point in time’ activity. Once clarified, to me, it has no further purpose. If you then perform a weekly review you will probably not have to do a mindsweep again for a little while. I perform a mindsweep when I notice myself feeling stressed about how much I need to do and generally occurs when I haven’t done a weekly review for a while.

I use TheBrain as my reference storage. So it has all types of information in there, books I have read or want to read, tv shows to watch, my horizons of focus, health information, cocktails I want to try, restaurants I might want to visit etc. My OneDrive is equivalent to a physical filing cabinet. My tasks and projects are managed in Nirvana for home and MS ToDo for work. I use OneNote at home and work for project support. It is a mesh of different systems that works for me. You have to find what works for you.

I tried Obsidian as there was so much hype about it, but I found it too linear. It seemed to me like an old fashioned Windows 3.1 filing system and i felt like I had to have everything arranged in the order I wanted it before entering any information. I have tried most GTD style apps. It really is a case of what works for you. The beauty of GTD is that it is a methodology and so personal that it is impossible to recommend any apps, all we can say is ‘this is what works for me’.

Remember a mind sweep is the first step ie the ‘Capture’ step. It makes you feel better because you have taken thoughts and ideas from your mind, where you might be worrying about them, onto another medium. That might be paper, or an app. Then you have to do something with that information. So you move on to the second ‘C’ of the CCORE (Capture, Clarify, Organise, Reflect, Engage). Clarifying is where you say to yourself, for every item you captured, ‘what is this?’ I feel better because you have taken thoughts and ideas from your mindIf it’s a next action what context does it have? Is it dependent on where I am, or what tools I have available etc. Once you have clarified your items on your mind sweep that mind sweep is now complete. No need to keep it. It is a ‘point in time’ activity. Once clarified, to me, it has no further purpose. If you then perform a weekly review you will probably not have to do a mindsweep again for a little while. I perform a mindsweep when I notice myself feeling stressed about how much I need to do and generally occurs when I haven’t done a weekly review for a while.

I use TheBrain as my reference storage. So it has all types of information in there, books I have read or want to read, tv shows to watch, my horizons of focus, health information, cocktails I want to try, restaurants I might want to visit etc. My OneDrive is equivalent to a physical filing cabinet. My tasks and projects are managed in Nirvana for home and MS ToDo for work. I use OneNote at home and work for project support. It is a mesh of different systems that works for me. You have to find what works for you.

I tried Obsidian as there was so much hype about it, but I found it too linear. It seemed to me like an old fashioned Windows 3.1 filing system and i felt like I had to have everything arranged in the order I wanted it before entering any information. I have tried most GTD style apps. It really is a case of what works for you. The beauty of GTD is that it is a methodology and so personal that it is impossible to recommend any apps, all we can say is ‘this is what works for me’.

ITM

scanned over.

thanks being only person getting back again.

feel better because you have taken thoughts and ideas from your mind

So I should list everything on my mind on a digital app.

‘what is this?’ Is it a project, a next action, something I can do in 2 mins, is it a reference item, or a someday/maybe item

ind sweep is now complete. No need to keep it. It is a ‘point in time’ activity."
what - so your suppose to actually not keep the writing from mindsweep , but just the actions/lists you made from it - keep that long term?

And then you choose which actions/lists to do in each weekly review = right?

"heBrain as my reference storage. " The brain is an type of application

Using one drive as a filling cabinet? I should learn that?
I don't watch shows, or go to restaurants

y tasks and projects are managed in Nirvana for home and MS ToDo for work. - Ive used MS TO DO, never herd of Nirvana.

Yeah I should uninstall obsidian and use Brian.

Thanks, writing this just before going to bed in very dark room, not able see my keyboard keys. STN

Remember a mind sweep is the first step ie the ‘Capture’ step. It makes you feel better because you have taken thoughts and ideas from your mind, where you might be worrying about them, onto another medium. That might be paper, or an app. Then you have to do something with that information. So you move on to the second ‘C’ of the CCORE (Capture, Clarify, Organise, Reflect, Engage). Clarifying is where you say to yourself, for every item you captured, ‘what is this?’ Is it a project, a next action, something I can do in 2 mins, is it a reference item, or a someday/maybe item. If it’s a next action what context does it have? Is it dependent on where I am, or what tools I have available etc. Once you have clarified your items on your mind sweep that mind sweep is now complete. No need to keep it. It is a ‘point in time’ activity. Once clarified, to me, it has no further purpose. If you then perform a weekly review you will probably not have to do a mindsweep again for a little while. I perform a mindsweep when I notice myself feeling stressed about how much I need to do and generally occurs when I haven’t done a weekly review for a while.

ITM seeing no one got back

1707595983161.png

So did the task written above of pasting this picture

I'm going manually write out all headings - this section book mind sweet, in 2 minute intervals of time on the Brain software I downloaded

To prove a point ITM " STN

ITM x2 again

seeing not back yet

1707649485164.png

See this image

I ended up writing out type sections from book (shown in previous post reply here above this one) on the Brian software application - after I watched through the type of six minute (opener video recommended to use in application after installed -getting started) and three minute (on website install page)

I felt like I wasn't able cognize the type of information well from these two videos shown to me (where I tried writing type transcribe listening what person saying.

I was thinking I sort of find video hard to follow - because just getting started right now, trying looking at this software for first time there sort of looks like the interface of this application is a bit over whelming - there are lots type of buttons/options to select on the main screen - even what I showed in this print screen Jpeg here : if look at the top scree have the file options, then below that on left side you have like 5-10 buttons/images like for changing the font and things I don't know, then on right side (next to projects need be started ) you also have buttons for B bold I italics and haven't used any of the other ones?

So maybe persons mkskill @mksilk2 could help out here if he says he is proficient/expert at using theBrian application?

Or should I do something : Like first try to properly go through the home screen gettingstarted or instructions data? Does that make more sense?

"Because I need to learn properly use TheBrain to be able do my mindsweep (and then, next all other things wrote would do in posts like this )

And its worth I bump previous persons I mentioned here @René Lie or @gtdstudente or @Mrs-Polifax CTM and see if all agree? "
STN

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
The way I see it, is that you have typed in an "incompletion trigger list", which to me is more of a resource/reference material.

When you see these triggers, what possible projects do you identify in YOUR world? Write these down.

As far as "mind sweep" goes, I keep things really simple. In my list manager I have a mind sweep list, where I write things down either directly or by sending an email to a certain address (or by using the app Braintoss). Things don't live there for very long, as I clarify (write the tasks out in full sentences starting with a verb) and organize (move them to the proper context list) them regularly. If a capture things on paper, I take a picture of it with Braintoss so that it goes into my digital mind sweep list (photo as an image, and the app tries to convert my handwriting into digital text), and I recycle the paper note.

Remember: it all comes down to internalizing the methodology, and then setting up a system that can be worked with as little effort as possible!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
The way I see it, is that you have typed in an "incompletion trigger list", whish to me is more of a resource/reference material.

When you see these triggers, what possible projects do you identify in YOUR world? Write these down.

As far as "mind sweep" goes, I keep things really simple. In my list manager I have a mind sweep list, where I write things down either directly or by sending an email to a certain address (or by using the app Braintoss). Things don't live there for very long, as I clarify (write the tasks out in full sentences starting with a verb) and organize (move them to the proper context list) them regularly. If a capture things on paper, I take a picture of it with Braintoss so that it goes into my digital mind sweep list (photo as an image, and the app tries to convert my handwriting into digital text), and I recycle the paper note.

Remember: it all comes down to internalizing the methodology, and then setting up a system that can be worked with as little effort as possible!

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much

""incompletion trigger list", whish to me is more of a resource/reference material." you mean to write which?

"you see these triggers, what possible projects do you identify in YOUR world? Write these down." Im just suppose to look at the text/writing once for each trigger or say it aloud once, then write down all the thoughts in my mind which came from it - and don't look at it again?

don't know what a list manager is

"ist manager I have a mind sweep list, where I write things down either directly or by sending an email to a certain address (or by using the app Braintoss)"

"recycle the paper note." Yeah its good to recycle, I should try to recycle as much as possible to help mother Earth - But I don't understand everything you write in this paragraph

"internalizing" what definition of that word are you using?

"ITM STN