New Custom Project Form

Bollinger

Registered
Stanley Ng said:
I wonder can this new custom project form be syncronized with any Palm application like KeySuite, etc..?

Do you use a new folder name under task format in personal folders? Like "Projects" ?

The project form is synchronized as a regular task. Custom fields
on the form will not be synchronized by default.

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
charles7a said:
Originally Posted by charles7a
When I create Next Action using the GTD toolbar (Delegate, Action, etcetera), it creates an IPM.Task (not an IPM.Task.GTD-Template) Next Action, even if it is associated to a project.

"Use Custom Form in Tasks Folder" is already checked.

Do you have "GTD-Template" set on Task folder property page "When posting to this folder use:"

Regards
Mattias

C

charles7a

Bollinger said:
Do you have "GTD-Template" set on Task folder property page "When posting to this folder use:"

Regards
Mattias
Yes. I have GTD-Template set on the "When posting to this folder use:"

T

turbojones

Need other testers/users?

Hello Bollinger (Mattias),

I'm very interested in using your customization. Are you near a final release?

If not, I'd be willing to help in testing as well. I'm a SW Developer with over 20 years experience and have done many Outlook/Exchange customizations in the past.

I don't want to complicate anything however that would delay your release ;)

All best,
TurboJones

J

Jogesh

Taskline Software Compatibility

Super work Bollinger! Can't wait for the final release and you can add me to the list of people who will contribute via Paypal to your stupendous effort. I would like to ask your opinion on compatibility with Taskline. I am using your older form to manage projects and Taskline does not process Projects built on your custom form. I spoke to Taskline support who confirm that it is a now a known issue with them. However, taskline does process all the tasks relating to any project, so it does not really interfere with the day-to-day handling of tasks that get posted to the calendar by the software. This question is of low priority (the highest being the feedback from the dedicated beta testers on this thread and your work to get the final version available!). I just thought I'd post it for the benefit of users who may be facing the same issues. Thanks
Jogesh

xoff

Registered
Taskline

Jogesh said:
. I would like to ask your opinion on compatibility with Taskline.

With taskline I was having an error noted in one of my earlie posts. Once I removed taskline the custom form works fine. I can live without taskline.

Xoff

BigStory

Registered
Outlook - other versions?

Before I get going on this great looking add-in, could someone tell me if it will work on Outlook 2000?

TIA,
Gordon

R

Rodney

Line 281 error when in High Security

Wanted to give you an update on my experience with this error.

Outlook 2003 installed at work a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would be up and running in no time with the new form. The glitch I found was that they had set Security settings to High, and I couldn't change it; so I was still out of luck. I finally found a work-around, and have instructions for this below. So if you have to have High security on your Outlook settings, this will allow you to use the custom form:

The work around is to get a digital certificate for the application. I found out you can purchase these from various vendors, but the cheap way is to make your own. To do this, you use a program called selfcert.exe. This comes with Office 2003, but is not routinely installed; you can get it installed by using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel; click on Change; then Add or Remove Features; then select "Choose advanced customization of features". Under Office Shared Features, click on "Digital Certificate for VBA Projects" and click on "Run from my computer". Then install and selfcert.exe will be installed in your C:program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice 11 folder. Go there and run selfcert, and enter your name in the Your Name box, then click OK.

Now open Outlook, then click on Tools>>Macro>>Visual Basic Editor. Then click on Tools>>Digital Signature, then Choose and select the signature you just created. Finally, close Outlook and restart it (save changes if asked to do so). Now click on Always trust this signature and Enable Macros and you are all set.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

Rodney

C

charles7a

Stevie_G said:
Now when I click on a task that was categorized as Project I get a "Just-In-Time Debugging" tool, and then script error #227. I originally got #226 then created those view that you indicated in the post and the .rtf.
On one particular project I am getting the Script Error on Line No:227 too! I have the custom view named correct. It is just one project though... I have deleted the project and recreated it to no avail. The other projects work fine and even have appointments associated with them. This project HAD appointments associated with it, but I removed them to see if that would fix the issue, but it did not.

peter_g

Registered
Errors associated with single projects...

One thing to check regarding errors with the form concerning single projects...check the project name. I've found that project titles with special characters (particulary apostrophes) don't seem to work. Tough for me as I do a lot of work with a Queen's University (ie. with an apostrophe in the title)...

Hope this helps,
Peter

C

charles7a

peter_g said:
...project titles with special characters (particulary apostrophes) don't seem to work...
That was it. I removed the apostrophes and it worked! Thank you!

JaFi

Registered
Final Custom Form?

Hi,

Has a final version of the updated Bollinger form been made available?

Thanks,
-jf

J

jamecl

help please

For the life of me I cannot get this form to display. I've gone through the setup steps many many times. All I see is the original gtd form. Can anybody provide some help? I'm using outlook 2003.

K

ksu_engr

Custom form

Hello all ... wanted to do a follow-up (had it in my tickler) to see if work was still progressing on this. I noticed that Mattias hasn't posted to this thread in almost 5 months - should the rest of us consider this dead? Or will the new form, with instructions, still be available? Thank you ...

Bollinger

Registered
I'm not dead, yet...

ksu_engr said:
Hello all ... wanted to do a follow-up (had it in my tickler) to see if work was still progressing on this. I noticed that Mattias hasn't posted to this thread in almost 5 months - should the rest of us consider this dead? Or will the new form, with instructions, still be available? Thank you ...

Hi all!

Sorry for keeping everyone of you waiting for version 2 of the custom project form. I never thought this form would cause so much attention.

The new form will be availible, but I can't tell when it's ready.
Again, I'm working full time with other things so development on the form is restricted to spare time.

This is what I've done lately:

- The Outlook form is now converted into a .NET-addin to simplify installation and to get rid of bugs that couldn't be resolved.

What's left:
- I'm currently working on a installation program for the new version.
- Final testing and packaging.

Regards
Mattias

C

charles7a

Ready for Beta testing?

Mattias,

Do you want us to start alpha or beta testing your latest Custom Project Form?

Charles

K

ksu_engr

Re-post of latest form w/instructions

While Mattias is finishing up version 2 of the form, is it possible for someone to post the latest and greatest file again, along with instructions for the novice Outlook user? Looking back thru this thread, I am not quite clear where the latest is, nor what the best set of instructions are. Much appreciated,

Chris

B

babbott

Followed Procedure - multiple times, still old form (?)

Beta testing the new form, but . . .

Sorry to be so simple, but I've tried and retried the entire procedure for updating the form. I'm in an Exchange environment, but the first form loaded without incedent.

Browsed the forums, but no clues there. Thoughts?