New look for Davidco.com and GTD|Connect.com

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
TesTeq said:
Have I lost access to my 380+ posts? I can see only 3000 in my history.

Hi TesTeq, we've revised the upper value on search results, so now the search shows all of your posts, currently a very impressive 3,391.

Search Results: 3391 results

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ArcCaster said:
also, do you see the characters between 'flaky' and 'rob'? I didn't put them there -- and have experienced them on every reply I've made (I edited my previous replies to remove them, but I'll leave these here (above) for your information. Rob

Hi Rob, I noticed that your reply on the Bandwidth thread didn't have any odd characters. Have you found the odd ones to be showing up still? I'll keep this issue open on our list pending your confirmation that it's resolved. And of course if it's happening for anyone else, then it's still an open item.

ericgtd

Registered
I cannot subscribe to podcasts through iTunes Or downcast. I have used this address: http://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/podcast.php What do I do?
3y9u4uvy.jpg
Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

ericgtd

Registered
I have installed tapatalk and you written to much text so we cannot really see which forum is which on the iPhone. See picture. Regards Eric
ydutumem.jpg

ericgtd

Registered
When I press the link podcast troubleshooting tips I get redirected to this page.
e4e5eded.jpg
I am getting really annoyed. I signed up yesterday and have paid money for a service that is now not functioning. It seems to me you should have done some more testing before launching this redesign. Regards Eric Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

ericgtd

Registered
When I tried to edit one of my earlier posts a pop up emerged that said error.
By the way. I am using a mac with the latest software updates.
Regards
Eric

ericgtd

Registered
When I press the link to subscribe to the RSS feed I get automatically transferred to the podcaster app and this image greets me. Please fix this. Regards Eric
sa5yvavu.jpg

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ericgtd said:
When I press the link to subscribe to the RSS feed I get automatically transferred to the podcaster app and this image greets me. Please fix this. Regards Eric
sa5yvavu.jpg

Hi Eric, you may see my other reply before this one. Just want to say here as well that the podcast and RSS are being looked at now. I'll have news on Monday, and maybe a full solution.

ArcCaster

Registered
if I hit 'quote', it kills my session. If I hit 'reply', it takes me elsewhere. but if I get in to "write something' and start typing, it often lets me type. was trying to reply to a question by John about strange characters appearing -- my answer is 'yes, they appear only when I post -- I do not see them when typing." Rob

ArcCaster

Registered
it won't let me post, nor will it take me to the end of the topic where I can 'write something'

and, if the topic is 7 pages long, the only way I can get to the end of the topic is to hit right arrow 6 times. And, when I DO get to the end, it is NOT the the end -- it is somewhere in the middle. but it will let me comment, which is what this is, so I am trying it. today is 17 March. Rob

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ArcCaster said:
if I hit 'quote', it kills my session. If I hit 'reply', it takes me elsewhere. but if I get in to "write something' and start typing, it often lets me type. was trying to reply to a question by John about strange characters appearing -- my answer is 'yes, they appear only when I post -- I do not see them when typing." Rob

Hi Rob, another question: What browser and version are you using when these things happen? The reason I ask is that I've tracked something else you reported about the display to an issue with Internet Explorer version 8.
Thanks,
John

ArcCaster

Registered
Submitting a reply in response to Johns' question: do the strange characters still appear when after you post the reply. this reply is from Internet Explorer version 8. Will press "Post Reply" -- if there are no strange characters then yes you have fixed the problem. thanks, Rob

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ArcCaster said:
Submitting a reply in response to Johns' question: do the strange characters still appear when after you post the reply. this reply is from Internet Explorer version 8. Will press "Post Reply" -- if there are no strange characters then yes you have fixed the problem. thanks, Rob

Good test, Rob. I don't see any strange characters like the ones from earlier. As I wrote to you in an email today, IE 8 is probably not going to work well with the site. IE 8 doesn't handle the newer web technologies. It's preferable if you have an option to use a newer version of IE, or another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

SiobhanBR

Registered
John Forrister said:
Progress to report: The developers have got the login working, so that when you log in to GTD Connect, it associates with your forum account. Should be no need to log in to forum separately. We've tested here and found it to work. Please test for yourself and let us know.

Thanks for working on this. It looks like something has stuck as now when I click my shortcut to the forums I'm staying logged in. That saves time.

I still find it frustrating that I have two use two different login names and two different passwords. I invariably use the wrong one first. Why can't I just log in the once on the forums and still get to the gtdconnect home page?

mcogilvie

Registered
This thread takes forever to load, then I get a blank screen, then I hit reload, and it displays. This is with Safari on the desktop and on iPad in two different locations. In general, long threads really take quite a bit longer to load than they should... There's something particularly cruel about having trouble accessing the thread discussing problems with the website.

Oogiem

Registered
Running into the same bug with very long re-load times.

Also, on the irritating orange color. I kwo DavidCo is re-bramnding but they are also using a soothing blue in their brand. Any chance you can change all the orange text to be the blue? Or give us a skin to do that? It's still irritating to have the bright orange stuff on my screen.