Problems I feel like I have with weekly review checklist links to my cognitive impairment with neurodegeneration ' SV

Too many things that go into your list manager will make your list feel untrustworthy. Organize it but also delete tasks that have become too old. many tasks will no longer be important if given enough time.
right you must have wrote this before
If something is on your list for more than 1 or 2 months, consider deleting it. You may think it is good to keep in a task but it can spoil like leftover food that is left in the refrigerator too long.

But at the same time I feel like how do I know what's best for what I am deleting?

@Wilson Ng

Thank you for your very good post

Perhaps create something like a "Never Did Tasks" list in order to the keep current list that much more attractive ?
right are you suggesting everyone put "Never Did Tasks" as a project?
It might even serve as a good Reflection list for further GTD and Areas-of-Focus skill development so no prior efforts are wasted ?
Areas-of-Focus skill development I'm not sure what exactly are you referencing?
Thank you for your very much

As you see GTD fit. . . .

But at the same time I feel like how do I know what's best for what I am deleting?

You originally wanted to do something. One year later, you never did it. If you let a long time pass (3 months? 6 months? 1 year?) then it must have been a task that looked nice to do but isn't important to you. Just delete it.

If the idea comes back again in the future then go ahead and add it again.

It's a good question, Tim. What do you think is the answer? I don't know, but I'm guessing that it takes experience to know these things, and that the answer is probably different for different people. GTD seems very personal to the individual. It is something I like about GTD that we can all apply it differently to suit ourselves. I think that after making many such decisions and seeing how they work out, I will learn to do more of what works for me because GTD will help me learn to trust myself.

1728730648184.png

I saw the post you referred to by FoodDude about his system in I-Cloud Notes. I think it is a beautiful digital environment (except that I would choose different colors). Very easy to read and very clear. I love the way all the lists show up in the left panel, and the contents of the highlighted list show up in the center panel, and the highlighted item in the center panel shows up in the right panel. Wow! So simple and clear and legible and attractive and useful! I really like this way of viewng the lists.

Last edited:
You originally wanted to do something. One year later, you never did it. If you let a long time pass (3 months? 6 months? 1 year?) then it must have been a task that looked nice to do but isn't important to you. Just delete it.
ok maybe following that advice makes sense
I'm not sure that there are tasks which I made 1 year ago?
If the idea comes back again in the future then go ahead and add it again.
oh right " s

It's a good question, Tim. What do you think is the answer?
exactly "
I don't know, but I'm guessing that it takes experience to know these things, and that the answer is probably different for different people.
Yes that must be true'
GTD seems very personal to the individual. It is something I like about GTD that we can all apply it differently to suit ourselves.
yes
I think that after making many such decisions and seeing how they work out, I will learn to do more of what works for me because GTD will help me learn to trust myself.
yes those are good words
View attachment 2030

I saw the post you referred to by FoodDude about his system in I-Cloud Notes.
right
I think it is a beautiful digital environment (except that I would choose different colors).
what colours would you use?
Very easy to read and very clear. I love the way all the lists show up in the left panel, and the contents of the highlighted list show up in the center panel, and the highlighted item in the center panel shows up in the right panel.
Yes i agree that his icloud system - seems to look clearer than what I have done with asana in the past
Wow! So simple and clear and legible and attractive and useful! I really like this way of viewng the lists.

P.s.

I wonder - that image was it copied from @fooddude or is from yourself?

' I was contemplating better setting up icloud like fooddude right now?
s

It's a good question, Tim. What do you think is the answer? I don't know, but I'm guessing that it takes experience to know these things, and that the answer is probably different for different people. GTD seems very personal to the individual. It is something I like about GTD that we can all apply it differently to suit ourselves. I think that after making many such decisions and seeing how they work out, I will learn to do more of what works for me because GTD will help me learn to trust myself.

View attachment 2030

I saw the post you referred to by FoodDude about his system in I-Cloud Notes. I think it is a beautiful digital environment (except that I would choose different colors). Very easy to read and very clear. I love the way all the lists show up in the left panel, and the contents of the highlighted list show up in the center panel, and the highlighted item in the center panel shows up in the right panel. Wow! So simple and clear and legible and attractive and useful! I really like this way of viewng the lists.
and @fooddude "

I wonder polifax - what made you send this message about the icloud list manager be sent and be put here? when he was writing about that in my other thread on e-mails.

one of my ideas actually - was that I could try myself over time to try to move everything to - a type of i cloud list manger same as F D (cos I'm not sure about leaving my asana list manger over night) and right now - there's still certain things I don't understand like for example how exactly does FD link his projects folder to the next actions folder?

- does he simply in the next actions folder: just copy the project title and then list the next actions perhaps?
or does he do something else?

STN?

@TimBourne

Hi, Tim.

one of my ideas actually - was that I could try myself over time to try to move everything to - a type of i cloud list manger same as F D (cos I'm not sure about leaving my asana list manger over night) and right now - there's still certain things I don't understand like for example how exactly does FD link his projects folder to the next actions folder?

I'd like to find a list manager or task manager with that clarity, since it really attracts me. I tried to find out whether I could use Apple i-Cloud Notes, but I have a Windows laptop and no Apple devices, so the answer is NO. I read that Apple i-Cloud Notes can be used on a Windows platform, but only by users with an Apple device and Apple login. Apple i-Cloud Notes would not work for me anyway, since I do not want to work on the cloud or web. I prefer a stand alone app on my computer for privacy. Too bad, since I haven't until now been this attracted to a digital tool.

@fooddude

Thanks for sharing this beautiful tool and showing the way you have laid it out. Lovely!

View attachment 2030

Thank you for this share. I live it. So simple and fast. It seems so efficient. Perfect if you dont doesnt care to link your na to your projets.

@TimBourne

Hi, Tim.

I'd like to find a list manager or task manager with that clarity, since it really attracts me. I tried to find out whether I could use Apple i-Cloud Notes, but I have a Windows laptop and no Apple devices, so the answer is NO. I read that Apple i-Cloud Notes can be used on a Windows platform, but only by users with an Apple device and Apple login.
Yes - that's what I did, I used my old apple phone to be able access it on laptop new I have
Apple i-Cloud Notes would not work for me anyway, since I do not want to work on the cloud or web.
- Yeah I have to use it on cloud/web
I prefer a stand alone app on my computer for privacy. Too bad, since I haven't until now been this attracted to a digital tool.
What are you saying? "haven't until now been this attracted to a digital tool." now you are attracted to icloud notes?
@fooddude

Thanks for sharing this beautiful tool and showing the way you have laid it out. Lovely!
your going to try it? "s

Thank you for this share. I live it. So simple and fast. It seems so efficient. Perfect if you dont doesnt care to link your na to your projets.
I was sharing to F D - that I feel I could be improved - if I accessed I cloud apple notes a different way then always having to open a second user explorer tab and having to access it this way - does anyone have any ideas of a solution ? "

@fooddude "

S

@TimBourne

I was sharing to F D - that I feel I could be improved - if I accessed I cloud apple notes a different way then always having to open a second user explorer tab and having to access it this way - does anyone have any ideas of a solution ? "

Ah! It sounds like you have an Apple account related to your old Apple phone, so you were able to sign in using your Apple password. Did you need to sign in to Apple using your old Apple phone, or did you need to sign in to Apple using your new Windows laptop? After signing in, were you then able to use Apple i-Cloud Notes?

You mention explorer. Do you mean Windows Explorer? It sounds like after you sign in to Apple, you need to open a second user tab in Windows Explorer in order to use Apple i-Cloud Notes, and it sounds like this is hard or annoying in some way, so you want to find an easier way to do this.

Can you tell us the exact steps you take to get into Apple i-Cloud Notes? Maybe this would help someone understand the difficulty and know how to help you.

@TimBourne

Ah! It sounds like you have an Apple account related to your old Apple phone, so you were able to sign in using your Apple password.
I wrote in last post - I made a new apple account ,using my old apple phone "
Did you need to sign in to Apple using your old Apple phone
I made account on my phone by signing out my 1st apple account - then just manually "registering " again - ...
, or did you need to sign in to Apple using your new Windows laptop? After signing in, were you then able to use Apple i-Cloud Notes?
Yes - that's what I wrote in my previous post
You mention explorer. Do you mean Windows Explorer?
I have Microsoft edge on my HP laptop right now, not windows explorer
It sounds like after you sign in to Apple, you need to open a second user tab in Windows Explorer in order to use Apple i-Cloud Notes, and it sounds like this is hard or annoying in some way, so you want to find an easier way to do this.
-I just do that because having a "second user tab" in my browser - means it can save the details, in my main account I am writing with - it has my first apple account saved , you understand?
Can you tell us the exact steps you take to get into Apple i-Cloud Notes?
What do you mean into?
Maybe this would help someone understand the difficulty and know how to help you.

"
S

@TimBourne

Hi, Tim,

I think I get the idea that you managed to get an Apple account and sign in, and then you managed to access Apple i-Cloud Notes. Is that right? If so, how did it go for you to try using Apple i-Cloud Notes? Did you like it?

I think you were asking how to connect your Projects to your Next Actions in Apple i-Cloud Notes. While this appears to be an attractive notes program, I'm afraid it might not have the functionality you want. I don't know specifically how Apple i-Cloud Notes works, but that functionality seems to me more likely to apply to a task or project manager. A discussion about linking or not linking Projects and Next Actions, and how certain software might be used in that regard, can be found at these links:

Best wishes,
Emily

Last edited: