"suggested advice for organizing photos off apple Iphone

I " @René Lie
In order to prove a point about this - I could try something for first time going through certain amount of pictures front to back in date, and doing what rene suggested - of asking a question?
and also moving them like persons stuntendte recommended Q

Whilst right now I am also in process of having a new phone.
For example set up new details online sync on a Samsung huawei model "s

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
I " @René Lie
In order to prove a point about this - I could try something for first time going through certain amount of pictures front to back in date, and doing what rene suggested - of asking a question?
and also moving them like persons stuntendte recommended Q

Whilst right now I am also in process of having a new phone.
For example set up new details online sync on a Samsung huawei model "s
Getting a new phone is also a good opportunity to "clean house", e.g getting rid of old text messages and photo that you no longer need, instead of just moving the to a new device...

Getting a new phone is also a good opportunity to "clean house", e.g getting rid of old text messages and photo that you no longer need, instead of just moving the to a new device...

[https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...GwsrKgfnqjCYBZnHtZaQUe4H4FVfUHtonx2LsHr1Sa2Kl]

I could try upload 4 last images took on my old phone as examples

"going over your writing

"If this is the case, I would go through all photos one by one, decide what it means to me, and write this in the "mind sweep" list in Asana, and delete the photo - resting assured that the item is captured." scrolled third post (cos don't know how manually inset quote

1718047460131.png

What this means to me? It represented the idea: I woke up early that day/time before job then normally do (at about 4:40) - was telling myself put timer 20mins get up - the timer went off but still don't think ended up getting up untill 5 20 or 530 really

I need to improve? e.g. is it worth I asked about what I did?

Or presume its better not use a timer - for when feel tired, like should lie in bed?

1718047665345.png
means to me? Was just an example of informational leaflet which thought could be useful? - whilst i was drinking water at same time took a picture cause herd the voice to "

1718047717464.png
means to me - was an example of mistake made that I forgot to switch my phone into aeroplane mode, so was negatively effecting myself

1718047766283.png
I was quantifying my diet with raw ginger

Then in my mind I had it persons @GTDChemist - suggested idea transfer using a cloud
But a voice in head says - give 24 hr deadline from this - to review the idea - would it be better just transfer all the pictures into one file on my expansion drive 1 TB sea gate instead of u...

L Read O Chemist

And could help @gtdstudente "

S?

Do you have knowledge or experience of phones?

I didn't transfer data.

But just - setting up Samsung with Google account (which my previous old iphone which was set in) so still have all the data on my old iphone

but I was having some problems "

s

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
[https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...GwsrKgfnqjCYBZnHtZaQUe4H4FVfUHtonx2LsHr1Sa2Kl]

"going over your writing

"If this is the case, I would go through all photos one by one, decide what it means to me, and write this in the "mind sweep" list in Asana, and delete the photo - resting assured that the item is captured." scrolled third post (cos don't know how manually inset quote

View attachment 1876

What this means to me? It represented the idea: I woke up early that day/time before job then normally do (at about 4:40) - was telling myself put timer 20mins get up - the timer went off but still don't think ended up getting up untill 5 20 or 530 really

Or presume its better not use a timer - for when feel tired, like should lie in bed?

View attachment 1877
means to me? Was just an example of informational leaflet which thought could be useful? - whilst i was drinking water at same time took a picture cause herd the voice to "

View attachment 1878
means to me - was an example of mistake made that I forgot to switch my phone into aeroplane mode, so was negatively effecting myself

View attachment 1879

Then in my mind I had it persons @GTDChemist - suggested idea transfer using a cloud
But a voice in head says - give 24 hr deadline from this - to review the idea - would it be better just transfer all the pictures into one file on my expansion drive 1 TB sea gate instead of u...

L Read O Chemist

S?
Deciding what the images mean to you is only the first step of the clarification process, you need to complete all the steps in the process in order to having dealt with them completely, if your goal is to follow the GTD methodology...

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Do you have knowledge or experience of phones?

I didn't transfer data.

But just - setting up Samsung with Google account (which my previous old iphone which was set in) so still have all the data on my old iphone

but I was having some problems "

s
Well, I've had a phone since 1997, but this is kind of a "broad" question...

Usually I transfer everything, but then again I periodically clean up texts, images, files and contacts...

Deciding what the images mean to you is only the first step of the clarification process, you need to complete all the steps in the process in order to having dealt with them completely
What are the next steps for example of this pictures task then?

, if your goal is to follow the GTD methodology...
I was having immediate reactive vocalizations

I am not sure - with this task of applying to , with photos that it applies to the methodology then

"s

gtdstudente

Registered
What are the next steps for example of this pictures task then?

I was having immediate reactive vocalizations

I am not sure - with this task of applying to , with photos that it applies to the methodology then

"s
FAMILY . . . FRIENDS . . . FAMILY-&-FRIENDS . . . FAVORITES . . . FOOD . . . PLACES . . . TEMPORARY {Until Deleted or Re-Categorized if to be filed}

As so see GTD fit. . . .

Last edited:

Oogiem

Registered
For me every single one of those is a delete the photo item. The only possible exception would be the picture of the ginger. I'd save the amount in my on-going note about how I'm doing and then trash the picture.

For me every single one of those is a delete the photo item. The only possible exception would be the picture of the ginger. I'd save the amount in my on-going note about how I'm doing and then trash the picture.
"Okay.

Well I am not you.

- I wouldn't for example see negatives just having this pictures stored on an empty expansion drive? " s

gtdstudente

Registered
it would be best to organize according to these categories on the actual phone?

or - when they are transferred on laptop ? "
If it suits you

Same categories [FAMILY . . . FRIENDS . . . FAMILY-&-FRIENDS . . . FAVORITES . . . FOOD . . . PLACES . . . TEMPORARY {Until Deleted or Re-Categorized if to be filed}] for all Photo files for all file 'places':

Laptop, Drive, Phone, Cabinet, etc. could be very helpful

As you see GTD fit. . . .

Last edited:
If it suits you

Same categories [FAMILY . . . FRIENDS . . . FAMILY-&-FRIENDS . . . FAVORITES . . . FOOD . . . PLACES . . . TEMPORARY {Until Deleted or Re-Categorized if to be filed}] for all Photo files for all file 'places':

Immediately

yeah something like I phone will have actually "album settings" for titling things - but problem is - what's point or purpose having for example : folders /albums on phone (old iPhone in my case) and actually not using the phone

I should transfer - on to laptop/drive and then categorize

So this links need to go over the chemist user advice about cloud, been over a day @GTDChemist " s ASAP

If it suits you

"Same categories [FAMILY . . . FRIENDS . . . FAMILY-&-FRIENDS . . . FAVORITES . . . FOOD . . . PLACES . . . TEMPORARY {Until Deleted or Re-Categorized if to be filed}] for all Photo files for all file 'places':"

im not sure I completely understand what you are trying to say here?

Do you have a cloud storage system? A lot of those apps have automatic backup to the cloud and will transfer your photos for you.

I have Dropbox and it will automatically upload to my account and I can go in during my weekly review and tag and organize photos into different folders.

Cheers,
Stephen

Reading over this original advice

I don't think method would work with example of my old iphone?

because I explained why makes sense to move them to an expansion drive.

research:

[https://www.dropbox.com/plans?_tk=paid_sem_bing_biz_b&_camp=382292100&_kw=+dropbox +cloud|p&_ad=||c&msclkid=ef1dbcc9cfa41a8b4b7adaa169528d3e]
says free gives you 2GB only of storage

[https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=67...hA0gEIMzUyOGowajGoAgCwAgA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS]

there are probably others

But already discussed with G or O - that my types of pictures shown have stored - are not the most important, wouldn't be worthwhile to have on a cloud (because - you would want to have valuable up to date things on a cloud

idea occurred in background - since using this fourm tho - I did create a few folders/albums with reminders/references which - actually could serve a purpose on a separate cloud and help with GTD - maybe it actually makes most sense for myself to focus on this area first?

I should actually first - try to gather all the types pictures I have which are most important on the Iphone - then put them in separate cloud I have like One Drive?
my one drive for my normal account is cluttered right now (that use on laptop/pc - cos has print screens built up documents) - could try something - using a different cloud

do I have other pre installed?

"I was thinking did I have un used product keys - for my new laptop model from E-buyer? I think it was just for two types of "anti virus" companies which haven't been using?

but drop box actually comes preinstalled? (did I remember this cos would pop up automatically start when I started with laptop? IDK or was it imagination?) So I could try - making account , just to have a "clean empty cloud drive " for more important things

give this a 24 hr deadline for this activity right now

maybe @gtdstudente or @Oogiem still interested

"STN

NA

test transfer mass photos via physical cable

-try type of one drive cloud ?
by copying/deleting types - marked images?

GTDChemist

Registered

"going over your writing

View attachment 1876

View attachment 1877

View attachment 1878

View attachment 1879

L Read O Chemist

S?
What I do is transfer all my photos from the week into my cloud storage drive to an inbox folder. I review each photo during my weekly review, decide if there are any next actions, put those in my system and then apply tags to photos I want to keep and move them to an archive folder. The rest I can delete.

That’s my process. Hope it helps spark some ideas for you.

Cheers,
Stephen

What I do is transfer all my photos from the week into my cloud storage drive to an inbox folder. I review each photo during my weekly review, decide if there are any next actions, put those in my system and then apply tags to photos I want to keep and move them to an archive folder. The rest I can delete.

That’s my process. Hope it helps spark some ideas for you.

Cheers,
Stephen

Right thanks for sharing" s

so maybe y I should follow this after my attempt at organising 's

NA

test transfer mass photos via physical cable

-try type of one drive cloud ?
by copying/deleting types - marked images?

Things worried about are:

on my iphone - I have types of captions on the photos.

Will these captions get saved if I transfer them all my cable (off of i cloud - onto transfer them onto photos app on laptop? I am not sure)
- a way prevent this accidentally getting destroyed - would be - test just transferring an image with a caption and see if it goes through.

I'm not sure -albums have already saved on phone (small amount ) would also get saved /formatted through.

Should I take a pic of what they were?
or - see option to actually share/transfer a specific album from phone [-see when - try using USB - doesn't seem be option to save album categories they were in with photos] .

1718194280320.png
1718194293174.png

worth options - phone apple icloud link [ -doesn't work could show pic]
1718194264670.png

or save files with phone?
1718194335464.png
Tried the option - when I save on phone icloud - it doesn't , the data doesn't seem to show in icloud website for some reason.

I am ideally trying sort group all photos anyway on laptop

@13 13 literal - further next action ideas are:

I should try to research more on the apple website if there's an better method or option to be able to transfer photos
1)Try search if information on net like articles.
2) then if not try search/find fourm apple and ask .

doing this - because I want to keep the captions with my photos or images.

Is it worth I upload more images/photos in post here - about problems experiencing trying to transfer sync an i phone apple probably i phone 8/7 and and a HP laptop?

@GTDChemist ' s