"suggested advice for organizing photos off apple Iphone

"Maybe there was something else - causing your self not being able to reply to my posts below?
Seeing that you are active else where in this fourm also (on your profile)

"I could also upload print screen image - showing PC screen shot of "a file was made in downloads" s" :

View attachment 1927

Quote also :

"
next tasks :
-how should I better store the file? of images " Answer could be - use ABC filling system I made previous post on (and file according to date done) see :
View attachment 1928
I didn't realise that I already had a file called "photos" in the ABC file I created , which looks like contained one transfer of photos (where probably stopped doing photo transfers because of having problem not feeling able do with new laptop since got it)

point came to mind - I still have a copy of the images (on the H P30 P phone - that has negatives , what should I do about it
delete the images also?"
- Should I broadcast it makes sense to delete them says voice " probably not needed

View attachment 1929
If I switch the view to large icons - makes it so am able better see them - put see for some reason - the screen shots (of display on i -phone are not shown), I see that the default application that - use open files is WPS JPG photo editor but I don't feel like that's best

Idea could end now, this not most essential

basically - in procces of writing this post - ended up installing as suggested type "phone link windows app"

[try
can users see 4 th image attached below

and the way that I last manually transfered images method with phone is no longer working for some reason?

View attachment 1930

says that - only have 3 images on my phone (but I don't)

so - thought I have been spending what more than 10 -20 mins since installing "phone windows " app -

All I was going to try to show/do here is was literally (transferring a month worth's of photos from my phone (just like I did with previous example of one week) and file them , ask for advice

But don't feel motivated carry on doing it right now?

"because more important focus on other things

background - was thinking asking more advice
like maybe persons DK photo had specific method for organizing pictures ....

So that's about everything for now ? " s
Hi Tim,

I organise my photos by date as previously explained, and use a mixture of location data, captions, keywords and star ratings to narrow down the number of photos i have to go through to find what I am looking for.

That’s probably overkill for your needs, but only you can know what you want to find when you go looking for them.

Using captions as you have previously done and adding relevant text that will help you find the photos is one way of doing it, but do it on the computer not the phone as this ensures that the information is embedded into the file (unlike the iPhone captions), so the data will stay with the photos even if you move them.

If you did want to do further then you could use cataloguing software such as Abemeda, but that’s a whole new learning curve for you, and one i can’t help with as it is Windows software and I am on a Mac.

You seem to be saying that none of this is terribly important to you so it might be best to put it on a Someday Maybe list, and spend your time on more important things.

Hi Tim,

I organise my photos by date as previously explained, and use a mixture of location data, captions, keywords and star ratings to narrow down the number of photos i have to go through to find what I am looking for.
You - saying narrowing down (in the process of doing the transfer?) could you please enumerate?
That’s probably overkill for your needs, but only you can know what you want to find when you go looking for them.
I want to do whats as best as possible " OW
Using captions as you have previously done and adding relevant text that will help you find the photos is one way of doing it,
I am unsure - how use (haven't been able use captions on laptop (from phone) so when ...
but do it on the computer not the phone as this ensures that the information is embedded into the file (unlike the iPhone captions), so the data will stay with the photos even if you move them.
-when I move data phone to laptop (the captions don't stay I believe , wrote about this before - but right now with new phone I basically hadn't haven't been using/making much captions when I figured this ?
If you did want to do further then you could use cataloguing software such as Abemeda, but that’s a whole new learning curve for you, and one i can’t help with as it is Windows software and I am on a Mac.
Okay - should put this on a someday list? Asana - while read over this in future cos don't want to do it right now
You seem to be saying that none of this is terribly important to you so it might be best to put it on a Someday Maybe list, and spend your time on more important things.
Yeah - exactly you read my mind

"To what degree of importance
or what degree is helping me

To what degree has it helped you DK - to have a photo transfer system monthly you said using laptop?
what degree would you say it is worth while ? - key questions I would appreciate answers to" s

Hi DK

*scanning over this *

You - saying narrowing down (in the process of doing the transfer?) could you please enumerate?

I want to do whats as best as possible " OW

I am unsure - how use (haven't been able use captions on laptop (from phone) so when ...

-when I move data phone to laptop (the captions don't stay I believe , wrote about this before - but right now with new phone I basically hadn't haven't been using/making much captions when I figured this ?

Okay - should put this on a someday list? Asana - while read over this in future cos don't want to do it right now

Yeah - exactly you read my mind

"To what degree of importance
or what degree is helping me

To what degree has it helped you DK - to have a photo transfer system monthly you said using laptop?
what degree would you say it is worth while ? - key questions I would appreciate answers to" s

Hi DK

*scanning over this *
I’m talking about finding photos after they have been transferred to your computer. The point of an organised system is to be able to find the ones you want when you need them.

With each photo or group of photos you need to ask yourself under what circumstances are you likely to be looking for those photos, and what would you search for when you are trying to find them

Here’s an example to help you understand.

Let’s say your local village fete runs an annual pet photo competition that you want to enter. To do this you need to find all your pet photos, so it makes sense to add the term “pet” to those photos.

Doing this may be enough if you have say 50 pet photos, but if you have 5000 pet photos you may want to have a means of narrowing that down to your best photos of pets, so you might use star ratings for this.

Eg maybe 1 star for okay, 2 stars for good and 3 stars for your best photos. Entering the competition you would only look for your beat ones, so all 3 star pet photos.

That maybe enough, but what if the local kennels ran a dog photo competition that you also wanted to enter? Again if you only have 50 pet photos it won’t take long to find all the dog ones. But if you have 5000 then you might to add the term “dog” to your dog photos so that you don’t see all the cat and rabbit photos that you can’t enter.

I add the term headshot to all my corporate headshots so that i can find them to show to new clients as an example of my work.

But when I first started adding the term i also added male to the male ones and female to the female ones. However I found that I never searched for male or female headshots specifically, so I stopped differentiating between male and female ones because it was a waste of time.

The frequency with which you transfer the images from your phone is up to you. I do it monthly because it works for me. I also have a monthly folder of random photos i have taken on my cameras so, for me, it makes sense to transfer the phone photos monthly too.

If you’re only taking 5 pictures a month then you could leave it a lot longer, and if you taking thousands then you probably would want to transfer them more frequently.

I’m talking about finding photos after they have been transferred to your computer.
OK
The point of an organised system is to be able to find the ones you want when you need them.
OK
With each photo or group of photos you need to ask yourself under what circumstances are you likely to be looking for those photos, and what would you search for when you are trying to find them
OK
Here’s an example to help you understand.

Let’s say your local village fete runs an annual pet photo competition that you want to enter.
a commpetition
To do this you need to find all your pet photos, so it makes sense to add the term “pet” to those photos.
to the caption?
Doing this may be enough if you have say 50 pet photos, but if you have 5000 pet photos you may want to have a means of narrowing that down to your best photos of pets, so you might use star ratings for this.
narrowing down to best
Eg maybe 1 star for okay, 2 stars for good and 3 stars for your best photos. Entering the competition you would only look for your beat ones, so all 3 star pet photos.
star ratings on the phone or laptop?
That maybe enough, but what if the local kennels ran a dog photo competition that you also wanted to enter?
OK?
Again if you only have 50 pet photos it won’t take long to find all the dog ones. But if you have 5000 then you might to add the term “dog” to your dog photos so that you don’t see all the cat and rabbit photos that you can’t enter.
So two terms
I add the term headshot to all my corporate headshots so that i can find them to show to new clients as an example of my work.
Corporate headshot? what does that mean?
But when I first started adding the term i also added male to the male ones and female to the female ones. However I found that I never searched for male or female headshots specifically, so I stopped differentiating between male and female ones because it was a waste of time.
OK?
The frequency with which you transfer the images from your phone is up to you. I do it monthly because it works for me. I also have a monthly folder of random photos i have taken on my cameras so, for me, it makes sense to transfer the phone photos monthly too.
Ok - yeah monthly could be good
If you’re only taking 5 pictures a month then you could leave it a lot longer, and if you taking thousands then you probably would want to transfer them more frequently.
- I might take something a hundred maybe? not as much as thousand "

to the caption?

Yes that would be fine.
star ratings on the phone or laptop?
On the laptop. Use the phone to take the photos and the computer to organise them.
So two terms
Yes - pet, dog
Corporate headshot? what does that mean?
It's a portrait of a business person - usually just their head and shoulders.
Ok - yeah monthly could be good

- I might take something a hundred maybe? not as much as thousand "
Start monthly and see how you go.

Yes that would be fine.

On the laptop. Use the phone to take the photos and the computer to organise them.

Yes - pet, dog

ITM

dear dk

you have given me all the information's in this thread explained everything's as best you can

For myself to implement put into place a litearl photo transfer system

Which myself Tim have words in the head actually links or collate rates with the problems or negatives of eating or deciding how to eat etc

I have words - I could use this to practice or teach eating a better diet - like those others

I I could also upload bitc htute videos , about eating [https://old.bitchute.com/video/MYe8uDFC91lA/]

Question : why no one else seem share idea : taking pictures etc can help a person improve eating habits ? "

So could "mark - deadline this within a day - focus/lockdown ?

*post writing in about 4 minutes*

https://old.bitchute.com/video/MYe8uDFC91lA/

Updating this thread @DKPhoto

1722688300253.png
What image shows for first time with my new P30 pro phone using H - , used type H cloud - put setting so (auto upload photos/videos from phone).

Then I just logged into the website huwahi online - and I selected to download from the 3rd of last month (so makes a month) today being the third of august.

DK - what would you say you will do to further organise your photos on PC?

Did any problematic thoughts come reading this post?

A voice in head said - I could try doing this every month now literally - and try taking a picture of all meals of my diet, upload to mark .

THREE

or STN?

Updating this thread @DKPhoto

View attachment 1951
What image shows for first time with my new P30 pro phone using H - , used type H cloud - put setting so (auto upload photos/videos from phone).

Then I just logged into the website huwahi online - and I selected to download from the 3rd of last month (so makes a month) today being the third of august.

DK - what would you say you will do to further organise your photos on PC?

Did any problematic thoughts come reading this post?

A voice in head said - I could try doing this every month now literally - and try taking a picture of all meals of my diet, upload to mark .

THREE

or STN?
That seems to be working fine.

In terms of what else to organise, the question you need to ask yourself is:

Under what circumstances would I want to look at these photos again, and how would I search for them?

For instance would you ever want to only see your breakfast meals? If so then you would want to be able to search for breakfast photos. In which case adding the word “Breakfast” to the caption (on the computer) would be helpful.

You may want to search for food type like fish, meat, vegetarian in which case adding those words would be helpful.

Just don’t go overboard with it, as I said earlier in this thread. The payback has to be worth the effort you put in.

Does that help?

"---------
C
Cutt T delete or not?

@11

Question : why no one else seem share idea : taking pictures etc can help a person improve eating habits ? "
For myself to implement put into place a litearl photo transfer system
Which myself Tim have words in the head actually links or collate rates with the problems or negatives of eating or deciding how to eat etc
I have words - I could use this to practice or teach eating a better diet - like those others
Yes that would be fine.

Yes - pet, dog

USE A computer to organise them"

That seems to be working fine.
No my inner thought/impulse/gut is sort of : this system really isn't most as effective as it could be

for example weren't you able to catch problem: having/using a cloud makes it all the photos were put on cloud - so now for example on my p30 H phone - the cloud storage is very close to full? I don't need a second copy of these photos on cloud do I?
Don't you agree this is a problem? or isn't it?
In terms of what else to organise, the question you need to ask yourself is:

Under what circumstances would I want to look at these photos again, and how would I search for them?
Okay.
For instance would you ever want to only see your breakfast meals? If so then you would want to be able to search for breakfast photos.
On the PC version?
In which case adding the word “Breakfast” to the caption (on the computer) would be helpful.
Yes you answer. Okay adding captions to the PC version is next step in 2min
You may want to search for food type like fish, meat, vegetarian in which case adding those words would be helpful.
Yeah key words. and voice #commented - I wouldn't not eat a plant based diet
Just don’t go overboard with it, as I said earlier in this thread. The payback has to be worth the effort you put in.
Okay
Does that help?
Yeah

1722801354591.png
There doesn't seem to be captions per say - on windows latest version photos?
But I just wrote example "picture of cupboard on one example here"1722801399329.jpeg

Using the cloud to get them on your computer seems an efficient way of doing it, but it that is getting full then yes delete them from the cloud after you have downloaded them.

I would download them, back up the computer and only then delete them from the cloud, just in case something goes wrong.

The field you are using seems to be a sort of caption field, the only thing to check is if that field is searchable.

The file type is JPEG which a picture format, so do you really need to say Picture Of Cupboard, wouldn’t just Cupboard be enough?

Using the cloud to get them on your computer seems an efficient way of doing it, but it that is getting full then yes delete them from the cloud after you have downloaded them.
Okay.
Yeah the H cloud space on phone is almost completely gone - says I have 4.67 GB out of 5GB -
I should delete them on the cloud after I have moved/transferred one copy on laptop PC?
I would download them, back up the computer and only then delete them from the cloud, just in case something goes wrong.
Only delete on cloud when I have 1x copy on PC you are writing. *2
The field you are using seems to be a sort of caption field, the only thing to check is if that field is searchable.
Oh yeah - could be option with interface/app shown in print screen on windows to search - *1 C
The file type is JPEG which a picture format, so do you really need to say Picture Of Cupboard, wouldn’t just Cupboard be enough?
Yeah cupboard would be enough .

*2 But I was thinking - maybe this method isn't most effective?
E.g. it could be more effective just to not use cloud - try sync with cable , then wouldn't have spend time deleting the pictures?

1722861655899.png
I just checked trying to use the photos app - see actually : didn't seem to work? cos the files shown on left of app are: folders (for cloud/one drive only you understand?) and : the picture I showed in, previous print screen: was taken (in my ABC filing system folders"

HOW s

Only delete on cloud when I have 1x copy on PC you are writing. *2

No. Only delete after you have made a back up of your computer.
*2 But I was thinking - maybe this method isn't most effective?
E.g. it could be more effective just to not use cloud - try sync with cable , then wouldn't have spend time deleting the pictures?
Sync with cable would be a better way.
1722861655899.png

I just checked trying to use the photos app - see actually : didn't seem to work? cos the files shown on left of app are: folders (for cloud/one drive only you understand?) and : the picture I showed in, previous print screen: was taken (in my ABC filing system folders"
I'm not familiar with this app you are using.

I've noticed two things though:

1) You are only searching within the Saved Pictures folder - is that where the downloaded photos are saved? If not widen the search to include the folder where they are saved.
2) The caption in the photo has a capital letter P in Picture, whereas the search is lower case p. Perhaps try again as it's possible that the search is case sensitive. You could type cupboard in the search box, and it should show up if it is searchable.

Hmm, I've had a quick look on the Internet and it seems the Windows Photos app won't do what you want either.

You can use Windows File Explorer and use the tags field to add keywords like cupboard.

I found this that explains how to do it, and it says this is searchable:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 14.52.39.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 14.52.39.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
@DKPhoto
I got the notification you responded back to the photos thread

and I was disappointed
because I feel I need to focus more on my book marks thread , concepts/ideas im sharing there - feel by my gut are more important

Why? "SEVEN"
because - I feel I regularly use my web browser
so its something more fundamental to focus or organise first

"SEVEN"

that was one reason WE

STN

No. Only delete after you have made a back up of your computer.
Okay
Sync with cable would be a better way.
But im unsure Im able to get cable to work with new phone?
I tried it last time I think it worked
I'm not familiar with this app you are using.
Okay - its just "photos" normal preinstalled app for ...
I've noticed two things though:

1) You are only searching within the Saved Pictures folder - is that where the downloaded photos are saved? If not widen the search to include the folder where they are saved.
Yeah I was unsure how to do that - make it so I could search the folder/s which they were saved in by ABC folder/
2) The caption in the photo has a capital letter P in Picture, whereas the search is lower case p. Perhaps try again as it's possible that the search is case sensitive.
It wasn't that .
Please see image
1722943704667.png
In the app - there is option to add "folder" to app, that is what is needed
You could type cupboard in the search box, and it should show up if it is searchable.
It wasn't that either

@12 25AM I realised something while reading the above

I have pictures folder in my ABC folder under the file "sorting or inbox" , it wasn't under the letter P- I should move it

1722943607608.png
When I try to move the pictures it comes up with this error message, I am unsure what to do. " s