Custom project form available

A

atodedeus

GTDMasterProjectList

swarman said:
The text description of the Master Project field is the field 'GTDMasterProjectList'. So you would filter on that to get to only things that belong to 'A'. Then you can group or sort by B/C in your desired manner.

Thanks, that makes sense, but where is the GTDMasterProjectList field? When I look under "User defined fields" I don't see it -- is there a step I might have missed in the installation?

S

swarman

Select available fields from: GTD-Template. You should see it then.

A

atodedeus

Master Project

Okay, getting closer. Now I can select the GTDMasterProjectList field, and filter based on that (where the value "A" is). Now, if I have a task assigned to a project "B" which is a sub-project of "A", the value of A doesn't appear in the GTDMasterProjectList field for the task, so they don't show up with the filter. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help.

Bollinger

Registered
swarman said:
Mattias - I was wondering how you handle your SMB projects with the enhanced form. I would like to change the category from 'Projects', but that would take away the ability to do project planning with your custom form. Let me know what you do or what I am missing.

Yes, I know. This is a limitation. The problem is the form-handling in the OL view. I'll try to make this more flexible later on.

Bollinger

Registered
atodedeus said:
Okay, getting closer. Now I can select the GTDMasterProjectList field, and filter based on that (where the value "A" is). Now, if I have a task assigned to a project "B" which is a sub-project of "A", the value of A doesn't appear in the GTDMasterProjectList field for the task, so they don't show up with the filter. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help.

This is a known limitation. Because the NA-tasks is not "tagged" with the
value of the Master Project, Outlook doesn't pair them when filtering
on master projects. This should be getting better in next version.

I haven't got the time to implement this yet, but it will be availible soon.

/Mattias

S

swarman

Mattias - Do you see any issues with simply modifying the code to use the form for both your projects category and your SMB category.
For example
If Item.Categories = "Projects" or Item.Categories ="Someday/Maybe" Then

atodedeus
I understand what you are asking, but can't see a quick way to get at the information you are looking for. I will think about it some and post a reply if I come up with something. In the meantime let us know if you figure it out.

A

atodedeus

Well, so far the only way I've found is to simply add the MP "A" by hand to the newly-created task, but that's not really a robust solution. I'll keep poking around and see if I can figure anything out.

Another question -- is there a way to view an entire line of something that gets entered into the history field? There aren't any scrollbars or anything, so once something gets in there, I can't seem to get to the rest of it.

Bollinger

Registered
atodedeus said:
Well, so far the only way I've found is to simply add the MP "A" by hand to the newly-created task, but that's not really a robust solution. I'll keep poking around and see if I can figure anything out.

Another question -- is there a way to view an entire line of something that gets entered into the history field? There aren't any scrollbars or anything, so once something gets in there, I can't seem to get to the rest of it.

In a couple of days I'll make the new version available and it will among
other things include automatic linking NAs with Master Projects, so it
will solve your problem.

Horizontal scrollbars in VBA Listboxes doesn't work. Maybe if I used
a standard VB control and made some Win API calls, but it's time
consuming.

Regards
Mattias

H

Hugo

I would like to try it

Your template looks fine. My problem is I don´t know how to introduce it into Outlook. I would appreciate a download or some hints.

Hugo.

Bollinger

Registered
Hugo said:
Your template looks fine. My problem is I don´t know how to introduce it into Outlook. I would appreciate a download or some hints.

Hugo.

If you look at the first post in this thread, you'll find what you're looking
for.

Regards
Mattias

joeycan

Registered
Bollinger, just curios in your first post you mentioned you had a special task form which works with your project form. Would you be willing to post it.

Cheers

Joey

F

Fiona

New view - all projects with their associated master projects

Hi Mattias

Just a question about a new view I want to create - in the standard GTD view by project - I would like to add in the master project associated with each project - when I add the field 'Master project' from the user-defined field I just get a 'tick box' instead of 'Master project' name appearing like 'Repair windows' for master project 'Home'

How could I display the various master projects in a view??

Regards, Fiona

Bollinger

Registered
Fiona said:
Hi Mattias

Just a question about a new view I want to create - in the standard GTD view by project - I would like to add in the master project associated with each project - when I add the field 'Master project' from the user-defined field I just get a 'tick box' instead of 'Master project' name appearing like 'Repair windows' for master project 'Home'

How could I display the various master projects in a view??

Regards, Fiona

Hi Fiona,

you'll have to choose "GTDMasterProjectList" from "User defined fields in this folder". This is where the master project is stored.

Regards
Mattias

F

Fiona

"GTDMasterProjectList" from "User defined fields in this folder".

Hi Mattias

Do I need to define it first as it is not defined in my user defined fields in this folder. there is 'Getting things done' which is an empty tick box and Master project which is a a ticked tick box - any ideas?

Regarsd, Fiona

Bollinger

Registered
Fiona said:
Hi Mattias

Do I need to define it first as it is not defined in my user defined fields in this folder. there is 'Getting things done' which is an empty tick box and Master project which is a a ticked tick box - any ideas?

Regarsd, Fiona

Have you checked your Task folder properties if the GTD-Template is the default form when posting to the folder? This will introduce the fields defined in the custom form to the "Field Chooser/User defined fields in this folder".

If this doesn't work, try to choose "Forms..." in the Field Chooser and select GTD-Template under "Personal Forms"

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
Unregistered said:
Any updates on this wonderful form?

Yes, of course!

I've been busy the last weeks and haven't got the time to finalize
the new features.

New features:
- Overview all appointments linked to the project.
- Overview of all filed e-mails linked to the project
- Ability to assign project to other people in contact list (for project managers)
- Ability to create a new appointment from "Future Actions"-list in addition to a new Task NA.
- When completing NA's, a list with all entries in "Future Actions" from project form will appear and allow the user to automaticly create a new NA with the selected task in the list.

Regards
Mattias Sahlin