GTD rutt “per say” - symptoms of autism ASD - Asana list manager messy or cluttered- looking for new list manager suggestions "

By chance - I was just thinking of writing to your previous post about using paper (and see you replied further) *1

"is one reason for this because - its just easier to work with paper in a physical version cos its simpler?

Ah yes, thanks . erm I have 3 of these in my room right now - I just checked, one of them empty.
erm is it worth that I get another empty binder to help? should I add this to my list or ask others first?

This is the first time I have herd this?

OK.

Right - you have experience using a paper folder system.

1. 'maybe its worth you show demonstrate how exactly it works?

was going write further trivial stuff
such as literally next actions:

1) maybe first "is there other posts or info on this fourm about using or developing a paper system? [https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/search/26262/?q=paper+gtd&o=date] How many posts?

2) did Allen write about it?

3)or it could be worth I try search further resources about paper system myself.

P.S.

I would think to myself
without...

the best way to do a paper folder system - would be use a binder, use the metal clip attachment, maybe use something card paper - to separate the sections (as is similar to a digital asana list manager where has "projects" for example @agendas @Home @Maybe) etc - is this correct?

P.s. 2
or having further words stuff in head

that - it in theory best thing myself could do is try to list all projects /tasks (which are related to money or aka health ) and maybe list them in a certain order for example "which is worth the much, has the most potential (words looking for are potential to make a certain amount?)

S

I actually have "at least 4 types of binders in my room"

Ryder Caroll creator of the bullet journal method- see the link of videos UP

My blender contains every references material I need to track. As I explained previously there are many subject (see my examples up)

I don't think BG use GTD. Anyway I was amazed that as a founder of Microsoft he still use paper and binders

View attachment 2035

Take your time yo understand GTD. The best advice I would give you would be what wrote

There is nothing better than that. @fooddude gave the best advice. just a waiting for list and a someday may be list. Do it on paper Try one month. apply GTD everything will be all right. Tool is irrelevant. I have applied GTD to many software. including apple note

View attachment 2036
The best system I ever used during almost 20 years of GTD, the best which was fast, easy, efficient were sheets of paper like I did with apple pages. As you know I use Omnifocus now. it took me years and years to set it correctly according to GTD, my needs and my own organizational process.
Sincerely sometime I dream coming back to paper with my simple binder GTD / REFERENCE material. May be one day I will throw away all that software and come back to paper definitively or use a kind of ink tablet like the Remarkable witch may be (Is it really ?) like paper.

@TimBourne I wish you the best to settle your system. I begin a new cycle of hard work. I won't be present in the forum for a while.

I

example I wrote my mother an entire e-mail - about yourself Focus down below

"
J,

A man replied to myself , who has experience following allens system.

a way forward for myself could be to follow a paper GTD system - using paper is what many other followers first did.

this can be beneficial , cos it means that your not going to risk getting things lost or complicated as per a digital Gtd system may do.

"
P
O ideas
"
about divider for binders
1] can scan my entire room see if got more- cos in mind I saw had a pack, multiple coloured

at the same time - ones in room may not be best

"binders used
about photo send of his divider"

The user - sent back photo of type he uses, is it worth I show this?

"+
other
tips 9
his system of being able quickly reference anything a search into categories , being pull up quickly is key

"in background - feel as if still don't know how all pieces going to fall together
as the user didn't seem to fully enumerate upon certain ideas I asked"
-2I can follow this up with him, just ask him confirm way it works how I previously wrote

or ask show type picture/s of contents inside

P.S.
im just asking whether - theres anything similar in the house?

Also - you replied to text saying that you do have more of style 3x3 post its - but then maybe forgot to mention it

Is it worth that I share this to Roy afterwards?
what are your thoughts?,

"

1729022460258.png
Where attached two images, one of the 1 type of card binder divider I have in my room.

Its worth I get more of these? But I don't know where got these from
and I can't... was going to write - from your picture I can't really see style you have

or its worth further write - to users and ponder which dividers are best first?

STN

Look another extract from my one note quote

'I believe the orginal user was Cfoley @cfoley , - comes to my mind

Basically in nutshell - I feel this yearning to clear everything up actionable in this post thread

(since when been replying to one another - certain things been missed (explaining the system

Or I wouldn't be able - to follow what focus guy showed straight away, in his picture are gaps in my knowledge ,

For example one question
Paper binder

Write out the projects or contents or categories
(on individual sections) I " I putted as stick labels as focus guy picture- but question also comes to mind why use uses titled different labels @FocusGuy ? Its worth I quote the image also'

One of the specific phrases I remember another user post in relation to
Making a new list manager ?

Was along the lines "try write out every on your mind to do with money or health " - capture it.
Is it worth I go back to this user reference - what exactly how was his writing.

Was he using these terms with mind sweep? Or which -then how was suggesting filing these ideas.

'and was in mind - while reading your suggestions on paper GTD.

I could try something section with stick label ' agendas ' for example .

or @fooddude "

S

Ryder Caroll creator of the bullet journal method- see the link of videos UP

My blender contains every references material I need to track. As I explained previously there are many subject (see my examples up)

I don't think BG use GTD. Anyway I was amazed that as a founder of Microsoft he still use paper and binders

View attachment 2035

Take your time yo understand GTD. The best advice I would give you would be what wrote

There is nothing better than that. @fooddude gave the best advice. just a waiting for list and a someday may be list. Do it on paper Try one month. apply GTD everything will be all right. Tool is irrelevant. I have applied GTD to many software. including apple note

View attachment 2036
The best system I ever used during almost 20 years of GTD, the best which was fast, easy, efficient were sheets of paper like I did with apple pages. As you know I use Omnifocus now. it took me years and years to set it correctly according to GTD, my needs and my own organizational process.
Sincerely sometime I dream coming back to paper with my simple binder GTD / REFERENCE material. May be one day I will throw away all that software and come back to paper definitively or use a kind of ink tablet like the Remarkable witch may be (Is it really ?) like paper.

@TimBourne I wish you the best to settle your system. I begin a new cycle of hard work. I won't be present in the forum for a while.
I bump

@fooddude
@cfoley
@René Lie "

S

@TimBourne
Happy to help. My advice Make it simple. Here is some tabs you may use into your paper binder
One page summary
Inbox
Projects
Next action by context
People
Tickler
References

-checklists
- alohabetical tabs by topic
Archives

Look another extract from my one note quote

'I believe the orginal user was Cfoley @cfoley , - comes to my mind

Basically in nutshell - I feel this yearning to clear everything up actionable in this post thread

(since when been replying to one another - certain things been missed (explaining the system

Or I wouldn't be able - to follow what focus guy showed straight away, in his picture are gaps in my knowledge ,

For example one question
Paper binder

Write out the projects or contents or categories
(on individual sections) I " I putted as stick labels as focus guy picture- but question also comes to mind why use uses titled different labels @FocusGuy ? Its worth I quote the image also'

One of the specific phrases I remember another user post in relation to
Making a new list manager ?

Was along the lines "try write out every on your mind to do with money or health " - capture it.
Is it worth I go back to this user reference - what exactly how was his writing.

Was he using these terms with mind sweep? Or which -then how was suggesting filing these ideas.

'and was in mind - while reading your suggestions on paper GTD.

I could try something section with stick label ' agendas ' for example .

or @fooddude "

S
If you use paper make it simple. one page for your project list, one for someday/maybe list and a page for each next action context. So maybe 9 pages. You will periodically have to re write them but you can do that in a weekly review.

right
My advice Make it simple. Here is some tabs you may use into your paper binder
Like a type of title page at front, can you confirm this is that you mean by "Here is some tabs" - (I should write your quoted bold as a template text on first page ?(then have the bold word points as individual pages dividers you saying - confirm this ? THIS IS SUPER IMORTANT *0
One page summary
Inbox
What would inbox be in the binder? Your saying a inbox for genericaically (typo) anything (-but isn't that what is suppose to be purpose of my in tray - to have with mind sweep items, I haven't been doing that) - such as capturing mind sweep ideas on attention continually?
erm - *1
Next action by context
Wouldn't be better - in the dividers of the binder (of the different contexts or projects - just to allow add paper for next actions or tasks?
I'm not sure I'm best with that title as a tab for itself"
I haven't been able to implement Tickler system whilst being on this website , since started - what would this section entail?
References
*2 (your saying this is just like an extra section at back for back up info?
-checklists
Archives

I have used asterisks * - to try highlight questions or problems I feel like I have understanding fully your post here'

S

If you use paper make it simple.
- yeah simplicity is key
one page for your project list, one for someday/maybe list and a page for each next action context. So maybe 9 pages.
right you just shared ,named an example layout which is simpler than @FocusGuy above

question how is project list different by next action, context?
You will periodically have to re write them but you can do that in a weekly review.
"will periodically have to re write"
what do you mean? why can't you just write each ideas once? "

Like a type of title page at front, can you confirm this is that you mean by "Here is some tabs" -
Yes you may have a summary
Bold = tabs of the binder - add someday may be i forgot
Inbox = lists if you dont havexa physical inbox. Would be better to get one
Wouldn't be better - in the dividers of the binder (of the different contexts or projects - just to allow add paper for next actions or tasks?
that s it
Inside the tab next action one sheet of paper for each context eg call, office
your saying this is just like an extra section at back for back up info?
yes reference is a tab then sutabs for each topic. That s reference material eg << list of films>>

Yes you may have a summary
Thanks for confirming that .
Bold = tabs of the binder - add someday may be i forgot
yes someday/maybe is a title also suggested on asana GTD guide.
Inbox = lists
same as lists? next action lists?
if you dont havexa physical inbox. Would be better to get one
I have what could be considered two in my room which are messy or cluttered right now.
that s it
your agreeing with me *
Inside the tab next action one sheet of paper for each context eg call, office
"ab next action one sheet of paper for each context eg call, office" - why would you say only use one sheet of paper (per an entire context?) surely all the contexts - amount of tasks for each context would go over one sheet of paper? "
yes reference is a tab then sutabs for each topic. That s reference material eg << list of films>>
right that is something I could add later, is least important.

holistically in background - right now : I still have issue where I don't have dividers to use in my binder? where is the best place to get them? I should ask users - like yourself focus? where did you get yours"

or ask again relatives?

S

why would you say only use one sheet of paper (per an entire context?) surely all the contexts - amount of tasks for each context would go over one sheet of paper? "
It is better to have one sheet per context. As gtd preconize, working by context make you see at a glance every relative action to each context and the very next action only relative to the project.

Example. If am at my office, i only focus to the choices to a list of next action i can do at my office. Consequently I dont look at what i can do at home, which has no sense, as i am not at home.

This is the beauty of gtd every context is segmented to stay focus. Then your energy is concentred on one thing only making the best choice. A context list is only but a serial of choices and options.

Last edited:
@TimBourne Just a reflexion. Working on paper has a real sense. Your are more focus, it is easier, you can easily review your stuff, it is physical and it change everything at last you have a much better over view of every choices than on a software which needs more concentration and more work to update. This is the reason why so many people stop using software and come back to paper when the can do it. Personally I prefer paper. The only software which is more or less like it for me is Things 3 as it is easy to understand. I have never been able to stay 100 % concentrate with omnifocus which need a lot of energy to update and maintain may be due to his PC minding, even if Omnifocus is a really good option for GTD may be in the top 3

- yeah simplicity is key

right you just shared ,named an example layout which is simpler than @FocusGuy above

question how is project list different by next action, context?

what do you mean? why can't you just write each ideas once? "
question how is project list different by next action, context?- We have been over this before. GTD basics.

what do you mean? why can't you just write each ideas once? "- If you actually do anything on the paper you'd cross it out and eventually run out of paper. When I did paper GTD like 15 years ago. I had to rewrite undone items and make room for new ones at my weekly review. I only used one side of the paper. I know wasteful but all context NA's were in view. For projects I may have had 2 or three pages but just one side of the paper.

Just start.

It is better to have one sheet per context. As gtd preconize, working by context make you see at a glance every relative action to each context and the very next action only relative to the project.
Right? one main sheet with contexts or context title page your saying , then the tasks lists in pages behind it your saying I presume?
Example. If am at my office, i only focus to the choices to a list of next action i can do at my office.
right
Consequently I dont look at what i can do at home, which has no sense, as i am not at home.
right -
the only time would look list at home - is if you were pondering that - or check your home list for a specific reason?
This is the beauty of gtd every context is segmented to stay focus.
Segmented means designed?
Then your energy is concentred on one thing only
right
making the best choice.
what your saying only do 1 thing at a time?
A context list is only but a serial of choices and options. "

S?

@TimBourne Just a reflexion. Working on paper has a real sense.
right
Your are more focus, it is easier, you can easily review your stuff, it is physical and it change everything at last you have a much better over view of every choices than on a software which needs more concentration and more work to update.
okay
This is the reason why so many people stop using software and come back to paper when the can do it.

Personally I prefer paper. The only software which is more or less like it for me is Things 3 as it is easy to understand. I have never been able to stay 100 % concentrate with omnifocus which need a lot of energy to update and maintain may be due to his PC minding, even if Omnifocus is a really good option for GTD may be in the top 3

right okay

or I wonder how many others exactly have had experienced feeling like they failed with digital

or relate to my symptoms of ADHD like cos of metals - where struggle implement GTD, linked to idea was writing in other thread to @Christa
@chrisstribbs about

SV
s

Segmented means designed?
For me it mean that information are grouped by nature example a list of calls to do
what your saying only do 1 thing at a time?
lot of people do many things at The same time. The lesson to their assistant while they do an email and so on. When i do something i try to be 1000 % on what i do. If i have an interuption i just write a few words and clarify this later. Focus on what you do is the most important

Last edited:
question how is project list different by next action, context?- We have been over this before. GTD basics.
I have memory problems?
So what should I do about it if don't know where we wrote about this before?
can you cite hyper link
what do you mean? why can't you just write each ideas once? "- If you actually do anything on the paper you'd cross it out
once you have done that task
and eventually run out of paper.
cos you will build up the amount of tasks -right ?
So why say only use one sheet
When I did paper GTD like 15 years ago. I had to rewrite undone items
Why would you re write items
and make room for new ones at my weekly review.
im not sure what you mean by make room?
I only used one side of the paper. I know wasteful but all context NA's were in view.
What do you mean wasteful?
For projects I may have had 2 or three pages but just one side of the paper.
What's wrong with using one side of paper? "
Just start.

S

For me it mean that information are grouped by nature example a list of calls to do
OK
lot of people do many things at The same time.
AKA multi tasking
The lesson to their assistant while they do an email and so on. When i do something i try to be 1000 % on what i do.
"Just do one thing at a time " philosophy -right?
If i have an interuption i just write a few words and clarify this later.
a mental interruption your saying
"write a few words and clarify this later." like to put in inbox, then review at end of week your saying ? "
Focus on what you do is the most important
yes

S

@TimBourne
Happy to help. My advice Make it simple. Here is some tabs you may use into your paper binder
One page summary
Inbox
Projects
Next action by context
People
Tickler
References

-checklists
Archives

1729168214834.png

Herein,

I-* see picture attached*

• In the binder shown I just have 3 type of coloured cards "dividers in binder" I was able to find in room, when I last wrote about it (what shown in picture is on the 3rd last binder, showing blue card *

Erm - I would have thought focus guy would have replied further , further enumerating on his picture by now, if he has been continue to post replies to myself.

A voice in head says then - its worth I broadcast and do everything I can to try to create make the best paper binder system I can

Broadcast that haven't been able to get type of dividers yet, so I need to etc "

View attachment 2050

Herein,

I-* see picture attached*

• In the binder shown I just have 3 type of coloured cards "dividers in binder" I was able to find in room, when I last wrote about it (what shown in picture is on the 3rd last binder, showing blue card *

Erm - I would have thought focus guy would have replied further , further enumerating on his picture by now, if he has been continue to post replies to myself.

A voice in head says then - its worth I broadcast and do everything I can to try to create make the best paper binder system I can

Broadcast that haven't been able to get type of dividers yet, so I need to etc "
WE
"
was gluing the paper

or

L - storing plastic wallets more separate"

or maybe @fooddude would be interested in this - seeing if I can first try trial implement @FocusGuy advice before I trial his ideas above? "