Is Nirvana GTD app going to close?

JMartinez

Registered
It shows me 3.2.14 . Could you copy and paste link for 3.5.3 please?Thx

Don't worry, I reinstalled it this morning on my computer at work and I thought the same thing, well, in windows it's still the previous one, but once installed it was updated to the corresponding version.

please try it and tell me

TesTeq

Registered
After today's update to 3.5.3, the scroll bug is almost resolved.
There is still a lack of scroll when we use the context menu by pressing the right button.
right click->move->NO SCROLL but...
right click->move->inactive project-> THERE IS A SCROLL
Other lists like choosing a contact or choosing a project within edit form seem to work.

"Use your browser’s back button to navigate to the previous list you were looking at. Forward button works as well, of course. You can also permalink to a specific page in Nirvana too if you like."

This one is good!
Why there is no such option in desktop apps? I love that feature.
I'm stunned. The app has basic bugs that are not fixed for months but you, @Longstreet, @JMartinez, @Kamil_M and other fans still love it. Nozbe and Todoist developers must be doing something wrong - their rock solid apps don't have such a cult-like following! ;)

Graeme Thom

Registered
I just tried reinstalling the Windows beta version but it hasn't updated to .3 yet. That said, the web version seems to have updated and all the new keystroke navigation looks to be working from some preliminary testing.

Ariadne Marques

Registered
I also noticed that the Projects List does not differentiate between "Active" and "Inactive" Projects anymore. It used to be that a blue dot before the project's name would show it was active. Now they are all the same grey dot. It's happening on both desktop (Win10) and web versions. I've sent a message to support.

I also couldn't find the version 3.5.3 released yesterday. My desktop version is still 3.5.2.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
I also noticed that the Projects List does not differentiate between "Active" and "Inactive" Projects anymore. It used to be that a blue dot before the project's name would show it was active. Now they are all the same grey dot. It's happening on both desktop (Win10) and web versions. I've sent a message to support.

I also couldn't find the version 3.5.3 released yesterday. My desktop version is still 3.5.2.
Let me know if you hear back from them. They never responded to my emails about the bugs.

bcmyers2112

Registered
Let me know if you hear back from them. They never responded to my emails about the bugs.

I did get a pretty quick response to my email about the project select scroll bug (within about a day). They promised to address it swiftly. Take that for whatever it's worth.

bcmyers2112

Registered
With the new web version I'm also noticing a lag when you click on a star to add an item to the focus list. It takes about six seconds to either add a star or remove it. I haven't had a lot of chance to use Nirvana since the upgrade (I've been on vacation) so I'm not sure what other interesting surprises are lurking therein.

bcmyers2112

Registered
I'm stunned. The app has basic bugs that are not fixed for months but you, @Longstreet, @JMartinez, @Kamil_M and other fans still love it. Nozbe and Todoist developers must be doing something wrong - their rock solid apps don't have such a cult-like following! ;)

In defense of Nirvana's aficionados, the software has a great GTD workflow right out of the box. From that standpoint I think it's the best software I've tried. I can understand why some people love it.

Everyone is going to have to decide for themselves whether Nirvana's quality is acceptable. For me, it's not.

Mateusz

Registered
Really? What OS are you using? I am running Windows 10. I just tried it again. I created a new next action. Then I moved it to the trash. I checked to see if I still had a cursor on other tasks. I did. Now I emptied the trash. And now my text cursor is gone. If I create a new action, I cannot type anything because there is no cursor. I can repeat this over and over. If I end the program and then restart it, everything is back to normal.
The faster way to deal with this issue is to reload the page (ctrl+r).
I can't believe we need such a trick in the modern software world ;)
Now I realise that I use ctrl+r pretty often...

ERJ1

Jedi Master
I see Todoist users complaining about it all the time, but it really just does exactly what it says on the tin. No notable bugs or issues that I've ever experienced.

Graeme Thom

Registered
If I click twice on any project then my task list is blank.
Anyone else has similar issue?

I see what you mean @Mateusz - yes double-clicking makes the screen go blank in both the web version and Windows beta.

However I normally don't double-click when selecting in any case so I wouldn't have noticed unless I was prompted to try.

The tasks don't "disappear" (i.e. they aren't deleted) so single-clicking another project and then single-clicking the original project brings it back to normal.

bcmyers2112

Registered
Unfortunately, it is not fixed under the right-click context menu.

That's a long-standing issue that predates the desktop beta. It's been an issue in the web version for as long as I've used it. I'll try sending them a bug report but I doubt I'll be the first one to report it.