Is Nirvana GTD app going to close?

Jeff Osborne

Registered
It seems the best GTD minds are on this thread so, off topic to this threads title and probably a stupid question, bearing in mind that I'm online just about everywhere I take my windows PC, is there any advantage of the Nirvana app over the browser. Do they have identical functionality?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
It seems the best GTD minds are on this thread so, off topic to this threads title and probably a stupid question, bearing in mind that I'm online just about everywhere I take my windows PC, is there any advantage of the Nirvana app over the browser. Do they have identical functionality?
They are nearly identical in my experience. I find that to be the case more and more with apps. No longer are web versions a weird afterthought.

bcmyers2112

Registered
They are nearly identical in my experience. I find that to be the case more and more with apps. No longer are web versions a weird afterthought.
I have just about completed my migration from Nirvana to Todoist, but one thing I'll say in favor of Nirvana is that it's nice that the web and PC versions have just about achieved feature parity. Makes it easy to switch between the two.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Looking back, I see that this thread was started in May 2019, and I replied that as far as I knew, Nirvana was ongoing. A month later I met Elbert (Nirvana's main developer) and his wife at the GTD Summit, where they had a booth.