Nirvana HQ

Ridwan

Registered
Just realised my Todoist subscription is due for renewal in January 2023. Now, I'm torn! Might renew for this year. I don't have many hopes for NrivananHQ.

FocusGuy

Registered
Just realised my Todoist subscription is due for renewal in January 2023. Now, I'm torn! Might renew for this year. I don't have many hopes for NrivananHQ.
If you have a life time licence of Nirvana it os OK . I hate annual subscription. They cost.a lot and for me dont worth the price. Finally when I compare my full licence of Omnifocus (renew is half the price usually) and things licence it cost very less than an annual subscription of most software

Last edited:

Ridwan

Registered
If you have a life time licence of Nirvana it os OK . I hate annual subscription. They cost.a lot and for me dont worth the price. Finally when I compare my full licence of Omnifocus (renew is half the price usually) and things licence it cost very less than an annual subscription of most software

I have got a Lifetime subscription to NirvanaHQ. It was a no-brainer at that time. I think it still is! The way how Nirvana integrates next-actions with projects is amazing and that's what keeps me coming back to it.

FocusGuy

Registered
I have got a Lifetime subscription to NirvanaHQ. It was a no-brainer at that time. I think it still is! The way how Nirvana integrates next-actions with projects is amazing and that's what keeps me coming back to it.
I am absolutly right with you I love so much this way that I made a perspective on Omnifocus which does exactly the same.

AbominableDrH

Registered
So, disappointingly, the new reminders feature in NirvanaHQ's android app doesn't seem to work. Anyone had any joy with it? Doesn't seem to fire anything, just drops off the task at the time assign for the reminder.

Ridwan

Registered
So, disappointingly, the new reminders feature in NirvanaHQ's android app doesn't seem to work. Anyone had any joy with it? Doesn't seem to fire anything, just drops off the task at the time assign for the reminder.

Didn't know this feature is now available. I use the Windows app quite often and that's not updated yet. My iPhone app didn't remind me. So, it is pretty useless.

tdurden

Registered
Didn't know this feature is now available. I use the Windows app quite often and that's not updated yet. My iPhone app didn't remind me. So, it is pretty useless.
I believe this feature was released only for the beta application. As always, we should expect hiccups, etc when we're part of the beta-testing program. Give it a little more time. I bet we'll see properly operating reminders soon.

Ridwan

Registered

I think I kind of figured it out. The desktop app does not have the new reminders feature. So, when you have a reminder alert set on your mobile app; that doesn't sync with the desktop app. Therefore, the reminder alert falls off on the mobile app.

Hope it makes sense!

My question is why update mobile app if the reminder alerts conflicts with the desktop app?

tdurden

Registered
I think I kind of figured it out. The desktop app does not have the new reminders feature. So, when you have a reminder alert set on your mobile app; that doesn't sync with the desktop app. Therefore, the reminder alert falls off on the mobile app.

Hope it makes sense!

My question is why update mobile app if the reminder alerts conflicts with the desktop app?
That's different than what I'm seeing. If I set a reminder on my Android app, I can see a reminder icon appended to the task - on the Android app. When the Android app syncs with the cloud, the icon remains. However, I don't see a reminder icon on that task in the web app. I edited the task in the web app and that edit sync'd properly to the Android app and the reminder icon remains. Only when the reminder time is past, do I see the icon disappear. So while the reminder feature is not showing up in either the web app or the Windows app, it appears - for me anyway - that synchronization is taking place properly. I assume once the feature is more fully developed, we'll see it on the other platforms.

AbominableDrH

Registered
I get that it's mobile-only at the moment. Adding the reminder works nicely on my Android, and I don't expect to see it on desktop.

My problem is that nothing happens on my phone when the reminder time is reached. The reminder icon ceases to appear on the task at that point but there's no visual or auditory hint that the reminder time has been reached. My first thought was that I'd blocked notifications for the app but I've checked and that's not the case.
These reminders are working or others, I assume? If so it probably is something specific to my set up.

tdurden

Registered
I get that it's mobile-only at the moment. Adding the reminder works nicely on my Android, and I don't expect to see it on desktop.

My problem is that nothing happens on my phone when the reminder time is reached. The reminder icon ceases to appear on the task at that point but there's no visual or auditory hint that the reminder time has been reached. My first thought was that I'd blocked notifications for the app but I've checked and that's not the case.
These reminders are working or others, I assume? If so it probably is something specific to my set up.
I'm seeing the same thing. No pop-up Android notifications. I submitted a support request to Nirvana and haven't heard back yet. This is what beta-testing is all about;).

tdurden

Registered
Here's an update on Nirvana's new reminders feature.

It's shown here working on IOS, but I've not been able to get it working on Android so far. I submitted a ticket to Nirvana support and was advised to be sure notifications were enabled for the app and when that didn't work, reinstalling. They acknowledged the bug and said it would be fixed in the next update.

Rony Marques

Registered
Here's an update on Nirvana's new reminders feature.

It's shown here working on IOS, but I've not been able to get it working on Android so far. I submitted a ticket to Nirvana support and was advised to be sure notifications were enabled for the app and when that didn't work, reinstalling. They acknowledged the bug and said it would be fixed in the next update.
One thing that helped me is unistall and then install the app again, so it will ask for permission to give notifications.

Hope it helps.

lastgasp

Registered
Happy to see that Nirvana is getting some more features! I always get back to it :)
Hello, all. The "I always get back to it" remark from @Ariadne Marques prompts me to share this caution: Be sure to add to or edit your Nirvana data regularly!

I can confirm from recent experience that Nirvana deletes accounts and associated data with no notice and no means to recover the data. Nirvana deletes accounts "after one year of no updated activity; that is no changes or additions to your projects and tasks,” according to a Nirvana tech support rep. Just signing in to Nirvana and working with existing data does not meet the "changes or additions" requirement.

I paid for a Pro Lifetime plan in 2018 and have been a Nirvana proponent. I was among those who requested an official David Allen Nirvana setup guide. Fortunately, I export my data from various platforms regularly and still had a good local backup for the data Nirvana deleted. Here’s a link to Nirvana’s export instructions: https://help.nirvanahq.com/category/getting-more-from-nirvana/export-link/#export-your-item-history

Håvard Pedersen

Registered
Nirvana deletes accounts "after one year of no updated activity; that is no changes or additions to your projects and tasks,” according to a Nirvana tech support rep. Just signing in to Nirvana and working with existing data does not meet the "changes or additions" requirement.

I paid for a Pro Lifetime plan in 2018 and have been a Nirvana proponent. I was among those who requested an official David Allen Nirvana setup guide. Fortunately, I export my data from various platforms regularly and still had a good local backup for the data Nirvana deleted. Here’s a link to Nirvana’s export instructions: https://help.nirvanahq.com/category/getting-more-from-nirvana/export-link/#export-your-item-history
Why on earth would task lists you abandoned a year ago be of any use? If I was returning to Nirvana after more than a year, the first thing I'd do would definitely be to delete everything, since most of the old projects and tasks would be irrelevant.

mcogilvie

Registered
Why on earth would task lists you abandoned a year ago be of any use? If I was returning to Nirvana after more than a year, the first thing I'd do would definitely be to delete everything, since most of the old projects and tasks would be irrelevant.
Sometimes unexpected things happen, such as illness, military service or travel to places where an app is difficult to use. There is also information of archival value. With the cost of storing information so low, such a policy seems arbitrary, capricious and user-unfriendly. IMHO, a clearly enunciated policy of ten years seems reasonable, but a one-year limit without disclosure is not.

bcmyers2112

Registered
I can confirm from recent experience that Nirvana deletes accounts and associated data with no notice and no means to recover the data. Nirvana deletes accounts "after one year of no updated activity; that is no changes or additions to your projects and tasks,” according to a Nirvana tech support rep. Just signing in to Nirvana and working with existing data does not meet the "changes or additions" requirement.
Assuming this is accurate, I have two thoughts. On the one hand, I think a subscription-based cloud service should hold my data indefinitely as long as my subscription is current. It doesn't matter whether I am using it or not.

On the other hand, from a GTD perspective is there any value in actions, projects, etc. that you haven't even looked at in a year? I doubt any of that "data" would be meaningful or reflective of your current reality. I think if they erased that stuff for me they'd be doing me a favor. I realize Nirvana also holds reference information, but I doubt anyone is using Nirvana solely as a reference tool.